APBA site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APBA site

Why is the new APBA web site void of the speed records that were on the old site?
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Here

https://social.apba.org/discussion/c...11#Comment_311

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

That does not explain why they are not on the website for public display as they used to be.

Laziness by those being paid to do a job. I'd have different feelings if it was being done by volunteers at little or no cost to the membership ... but these people are being paid ... and its not chicken feed.
      Last edited by sam; 04-06-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

records

Doesn't help as the spread sheet does not open. Why as Sam states, isn't this record speed information on the APBA site?
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Confused....

Interesting...the spreadsheet seems to open fine for me.

Have you asked APBA about this? I have found Dan Wiener to be very helpful when there are functional or content issues with the APBA Website.

I'm pretty sure that there's not much here that Mike and Theresa can here do to help you with the function of APBA website.

I just find your asking the question a little odd to be doing it here....kind of like going into Lowe's and complaining because Home Depot doesn't have something you are looking for....

R-19
          www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
            Interesting...the spreadsheet seems to open fine for me.

Have you asked APBA about this? I have found Dan Wiener to be very helpful when there are functional or content issues with the APBA Website.

I'm pretty sure that there's not much here that Mike and Theresa can here do to help you with the function of APBA website.

I just find your asking the question a little odd to be doing it here....kind of like going into Lowe's and complaining because Home Depot doesn't have something you are looking for....

R-19

Pat,

He is asking here for the simple fact that it probably took him less then a minute to make a post here. The APBA web site is a total mess, before you call me negative take off your I must defend everything APBA and call a spade a spade.

Why are they running Google ads etc. honestly it looks like a kid made it. Are you serious? they have inserted Google Ad sense pop up advertisements into a corporate web site.

Pat please don't insult me and say I'm being negative. There is not a professional corporate brand in this country that would insert Google Pop up ads.

This alone tells me they don't have a clue about what it takes to build a corporate brand web site.
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Web site design 101 = ease of use, PDF attachments etc. are all 2002 web design technology.

From the web;

Some websites are just plain hard to figure out. That's what website usability addresses. Done right, usability can not only increase sales, but can also impact your website's performance in search engines.

Websites that are easy to understand and easy to use are a pleasure. You can find what you need, and can do what you went there to do. This translates, for the website owner or company, into sales, subscriptions, and everything else the website is intended to achieve.
              Website Usability - mystery links

Unfortunately, usability is not an absolute consequence of building a website, and as many people have found, lacking proper ease of use is a quick way to lose customers.
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Check out the new MHRA web site, excellent design and straight to the point! easy to navigate with no gimmicks or pop up ads. No message boards or forums, simple and straight forward.

The site gives me exactly what I need without installing Adobe PDF third party software etc.

http://www.michiganhydroplane.com/index.html

Bravo MHRA
                Last edited by HRTV; 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM.
                HTML Code:

Comment

APBA website..........

honestly, I think the new website is no better than the old site!!!! It is very hard to navigate and just plain boring..............heck, I like the old site much better, atleast you could find stuff without having to take 10mins to do so............tell me how hard it is to even find the APBA store on the new site.............and the "social site" is less to be desired (again BORING!).........

I don't see how the site can attract any "newcomers" with its current layout............

PS: I can't open any of the spreadsheet info either...................

and YES, the Michigan Hydroplane site kicks ass!!!!! Maybe APBA should have hired Nate and the crew.......
                  Last edited by mercguy; 04-06-2012, 07:58 PM.
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

You guys don't get it.

Dan, et al,

I'm not taking issue with your negativity, or criticism of the APBA Website. I'm as passionate about Freedom of Speech as anybody.

What I don't understand is why people are b*tching about it here. Why not issue your questions, comments and concerns to somebody who can actually do something about it?

Go read the APBA website...there's plenty of questions and criticisms posted there...several even by Dan.

Otherwise....complaining about it here just seems a little pointless....unless all you want to do is complain and not try to change anything.

R-19
                    www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

You've got to be logged into the apba site before it will let you open the spreadsheet
                      Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
                        Dan, et al,

I'm not taking issue with your negativity, or criticism of the APBA Website. I'm as passionate about Freedom of Speech as anybody.

What I don't understand is why people are b*tching about it here. Why not issue your questions, comments and concerns to somebody who can actually do something about it?

Go read the APBA website...there's plenty of questions and criticisms posted there...several even by Dan.

Otherwise....complaining about it here just seems a little pointless....unless all you want to do is complain and not try to change anything.

R-19
                        I must say I went to the web site once and gave up..I think folks would post their complaints there and not here if they could figure out how to use the web site
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I just went there and attempted to sign up. Entered all the info they asked for, hit the sign-up button, . . . and got a red box saying something about "the reCAPCHA information was not correctly entered"; but in three attempts I saw no such thing . . . .

Comment

(complain to lowes ). I went to the top !!

I talked to Mark Wheeler at Tabor City last fall, about the APBA decals coming in a small envelope and being unusable as they are bent. Mark told Me he would fix that problem .( easy to do ) I understand APBA was offered free envelopes . The problem has not been fixed . To me this is like a stone in my shoe . It really is a small thing but it p!sses me off!! If Mark cant fix a $.20 issue how can He lead the Crow group to fix APBA? Shawn

Comment

APBA web site

I posted the Q here because it seemed to be the easiest way to find an answer . Didn't realize a flurry would result.
                              So in the interest of keeping the peace I will send my concerns to the APBA site manager and see what happens. At least some here are aware of the issue.

I agree with those that feel the new site is not as good as the old site. And considering the $$$ spent I think the Feds got in here to redesign it.

Thanks for the replies

Comment

Working...
                              X