Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APBA Propeller

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
    honestly, I think the new website is no better than the old site!!!! It is very hard to navigate and just plain boring..............heck, I like the old site much better, atleast you could find stuff without having to take 10mins to do so............tell me how hard it is to even find the APBA store on the new site.............and the "social site" is less to be desired (again BORING!).........

I don't see how the site can attract any "newcomers" with its current layout............

PS: I can't open any of the spreadsheet info either...................

and YES, the Michigan Hydroplane site kicks ass!!!!! Maybe APBA should have hired Nate and the crew.......
    I totally agree Daren, Dan & others, I couldn't even down load & print the Propeller then I get it in the mail & to me it's junk. Nothing interesting & very difficult to read & navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
      Doesn't help as the spread sheet does not open. Why as Sam states, isn't this record speed information on the APBA site?
      Here is a PDF attachment I created from the excel spreadsheet on the APBA website. Hope this provides you with the information you were looking for.

As to ReCaptcha, it is a way of identifying a person as being just that, a person and not a computer. If I remember correctly on APBA you are asked to answer a question and the answer is provided for you, you just have to type that answer in the little box exactly as it is shown. If it isn't a question it is two words that are somewhat distorted that you have to enter letter for letter as shown. If you can't read it clearly there is a "little speaker" option that you can click to hear the words so you can type them.

Hope this helps you out.

~Teresa

Sorry I didn't read this earlier so I could of helped you out!
      Attached Files

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

APBA Records

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
        Here is a PDF attachment I created from the excel spreadsheet on the APBA website. Hope this provides you with the information you were looking for.

As to ReCaptcha, it is a way of identifying a person as being just that, a person and not a computer. If I remember correctly on APBA you are asked to answer a question and the answer is provided for you, you just have to type that answer in the little box exactly as it is shown. If it isn't a question it is two words that are somewhat distorted that you have to enter letter for letter as shown. If you can't read it clearly there is a "little speaker" option that you can click to hear the words so you can type them.

Hope this helps you out.

Sorry I didn't read this earlier so I could of helped you out!

Teresa
        Thanks Teresa

This PDF lacks a lot of info that was on the old site like who set the record, boat make, engine, etc. why is that missing?

I sent an email to APBA about these records let's see what they say?

Pete
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Pete, I can't answer why information is missing. I am not the person who compiled the information, I only copied and pasted it for you in a form that I thought you would be able to read (PDF), since you were having trouble being able to see it.

Questions regarding content on the records information would have to be addressed to APBA.

Sorry I can't help you with that one.

Comment

Exactly!

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post

Otherwise....complaining about it here just seems a little pointless....unless all you want to do is complain and not try to change anything.

R-19
            Well said, Patrick. And herein lies the niche that HR.net fulfills to perfection.
            Michael J. Mackey
            Lola Boatwerks Factory Foreman
            Pavlick Race Boats Factory Driver
            Yamato Aficionado
            21-V

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
              Dan, et al,

I'm not taking issue with your negativity, or criticism of the APBA Website. I'm as passionate about Freedom of Speech as anybody.

What I don't understand is why people are b*tching about it here. Why not issue your questions, comments and concerns to somebody who can actually do something about it?

Go read the APBA website...there's plenty of questions and criticisms posted there...several even by Dan.

Otherwise....complaining about it here just seems a little pointless....unless all you want to do is complain and not try to change anything.

R-19
              et al.........
              "
              Otherwise....complaining about it here just seems a little pointless....unless all you want to do is complain and not try to change anything"

whining, complaining, *****ing....................**** RIGHT!!! When we (yes, we......APBA members who have paided higher membership rates) PAY a company to improve the site, promote, etc , and it is not any better, then we have that right.......when you PAY ME to fix your motor, paint your boat, etc and it is not to your satisfaction, then you have the right to voice you opinion (*****, whine, whatever you choose) and get it corrected.............

I am sure Crown is doing their best for what they were hired to do and commend them for their efforts, but the website (which is the first VISIBLE effort) needs work............and I (and others) as PAYING MEMBERS have the right to voice their opinion (opinions)............and Hydroracer is a good place (better than the APBA social deal) to do so, as it is VERY EASY to navigate (thanks to Dan originally)...

OK, enough website chatter (banter)for me..............I still have race boats, motors, etc to get ready for this year..............time is ticking............
              Last edited by mercguy; 04-07-2012, 10:10 AM.
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Daren! I am also know for a fact that members of Crown Partners visit here and hopefully when folks can't get onto the APBA website and have no other way to make note of it they post their comments here. They (Crown Partners and APBA Staff) read the posts and utilize them to "work the bugs out" so the APBA site works better for everyone.

If nothing else the directors of APBA should be able to read the posts and pass the information along to the right people to get stuff fixed.

Comment

As to the "reCAPCHA," I know what it is and how to work it, but there was never one in sight, though I kept going back and forth trying to pop it up. Don't know that this is necessarily a weakness of the site, computer systems seem prone to getting these anomalous glitches (and the Feds want computers to drive our cars??!!!).

Comment

A possible solution to the lack of responsiveness by APBA..........

.........when questions are asked regards the contract with Crown, whether anyone else was given a chance to make a presentation or bid, or when other questions of concern to members are not responded to. This effort would take some hard work and coordination, and I think a lack of that by the membership is probably what the powers that be would be banking on if proposed. That is also a very good reason for keeping the membership in the dark about things that are being proposed and have been passed like the Crown contract, until after the fact.

It is probably too late to accomplish anything for 2012 with this type action, but if answers to the multitude of questions that have been asked to this point about the new direction of APBA are still lacking when the membership is asked to join for 2013, an escrow account to deposit 2013 dues into might be considered. Those funds would not be released for use by APBA for any purpose until the BOD, top officers, Web site hosts, and any others involved in the day to day decision making of APBA become more transparent to the membership it represents. If Crown's contract, insurance premiums to the carrier, National Office expense and salaries, and other expense necessary to keep APBA running are important to them, and they were not available, minds could possibly be changed. If nothing else this should indicate that the membership is tired of business as usual, and to this point I doubt they (leadership) have reached that conclusion based on the lack of response to questions already asked and then ignored.

Although this might influence the leadership, and that is not certain, probably the most difficult part of the whole process if started would be membership participation. If the voting record of same is any indication to whether it might be successful, there is some doubt, as only about 20-30 percent of the membership even bothers to vote on issues that directly affect the money and time they spend on the sport.

A witholding of dues monies until some of the concerns of the membership are answered might just break the logjam and start a dialogue with the folks that ultimately pay the bills, although based on past performance of some of the folks involved I would not say anything is certain.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                      et al.........
                      "
                      Otherwise....complaining about it here just seems a little pointless....unless all you want to do is complain and not try to change anything"

whining, complaining, *****ing....................**** RIGHT!!! When we (yes, we......APBA members who have paided higher membership rates) PAY a company to improve the site, promote, etc , and it is not any better, then we have that right.......when you PAY ME to fix your motor, paint your boat, etc and it is not to your satisfaction, then you have the right to voice you opinion (*****, whine, whatever you choose) and get it corrected.............

I am sure Crown is doing their best for what they were hired to do and commend them for their efforts, but the website (which is the first VISIBLE effort) needs work............and I (and others) as PAYING MEMBERS have the right to voice their opinion (opinions)............and Hydroracer is a good place (better than the APBA social deal) to do so, as it is VERY EASY to navigate (thanks to Dan originally)...

OK, enough website chatter (banter)for me..............I still have race boats, motors, etc to get ready for this year..............time is ticking............
                      Pat was tellin you to ***** on the apba website because they (crown, Dan w) monitor the site. That critiquing is what they're looking for. But doing it here it's just *****ing for sake of *****ing on your keyboards....
                      Kyle Bahl
                      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

I like the Stock Outboard motto: Where everybody has a place to race!

And, I like Hydro Racer.... because "Everybody" has a place to *****! OR be complimentary.... OR be a jerk.... OR be constructive.... OR be part of the problem.... OR be part of the solution. And, if any organization wants to work in a vacuum.... I say have a ball. But, when they run out of 'fresh air' they'll suffocate in their own madness.

There.... that's what I wanted to say. I'm some happy now. And, saying what I had to say here on HR pretty much guarantees someone is going to dump some crap in the middle of my driveway... but I've got access to an excavator - dump all you want.

Alex

PS: And if Crown Royal isn't reading the posts on this website....... you can call me a communist (but like brother Ed H. I aint one).
                        Last edited by ram95; 04-07-2012, 07:49 PM. Reason: just saw Kyle's comment, so had to ps on it :)

Comment

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
                          I like the Stock Outboard motto: Where everybody has a place to race!

And, I like Hydro Racer.... because "Everybody" has a place to *****! OR be complimentary.... OR be a jerk.... OR be constructive.... OR be part of the problem.... OR be part of the solution. And, if any organization wants to work in a vacuum.... I say have a ball. But, when they run out of 'fresh air' they'll suffocate in their own madness.

There.... that's what I wanted to say. I'm some happy now. And, saying what I had to say here on HR pretty much guarantees someone is going to dump some crap in the middle of my driveway... but I've got access to an excavator - dump all you want.

Alex

PS: And if Crown Royal isn't reading the posts on this website....... you can call me a communist (but like brother Ed H. I aint one).
                          I like it Alex..You never beat around the bush..Tell it like it is.. I bet after every post you make you feel like a big weight has been lifted
                          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

As it has been previously mentioned, you must be logged into the site to open certain content like the record spread sheet noted above.

This is an interesting discussion. Not because the material is inherently interesting but because people are over here complaining about over there. What adds the spice is that there are those that are contenting that the complainers are complaining at the wrong place. With all respect, I think the responders to the complainers may be missing the point.

Without jumping on the beat down wagon, I have to admit, and only if I am being honest, that the Social page has user interface problems. Here are some examples from my perspective which I have posted on that site;

*It seems to insert random characters into the displayed page if normal typing / page formatting conventions are used to make a new paragraph.

*It also has some glitches that cause the page to hang sometimes when editing. I can't be the only one experiencing this.

I have to admit that I have some general inquires about these issues posted on the APBA Social Page that are aging rather nicely without response. Ok, so I don't really need a response but the correction or fix to the problem would be nice.

One more general comment if I may while I am on the subject. It is my opinion that the social page lacks a certain visual appeal that renders it dull and boring. Add in the glitchiness and…I am not very motivated to visit frequently. Sorry, but constructive feedback is necessary to growth. I hope your listening.

To be fair to all and the APBA, I will create a post on the social page (oh what have I gone and done now?) that points to this discussion and use these morning prose of mine in it. I challenge all to chime back in over there so they can hear what you (we) are saying.
                            Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

No patience........

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                              One more general comment if I may while I am on the subject. It is my opinion that the social page lacks a certain visual appeal that renders it dull and boring. Add in the glitchiness and…I am not very motivated to visit frequently. Sorry, but constructive feedback is necessary to growth. I hope your listening.
                              It is a known fact that computer folks are not PATIENT. If we can't get what we want or where we want in a 'click' or two we are GONE from a site.

I am afraid that the APBA Social Page is losing traction every week improvements are not made..........seems to me it has been MONTHS and no substantial format changes have been made hence not much traffic.

Had i been consulted prior to the creation of a NEW APBA website and in particular the creation of a SOCIAL PAGE to compete with Hydroracer and Boat Racing Facts etc etc i would have suggested formating it similar to the competition to give EXISTING boat racing entusiasts a place to call home. Then look to attract new folks.............

I visit the APBA site daily and post on it.........but as has been stated, it is not well visited by members or 'new folks' and hence a dissapointing adventure. But i will continue to do my part to try and create traffic and be a good APBA boy. I hope the APBA braintrust and Crown read Hydroracer threads and posts every day in order to better their own product!!

I have been asked by APBA officials to direct my thoughts and suggestions to the APBA office...........while i do that on occasion it should be a daily ritual for APBA personal to view Hydroracer daily and Boat Racing Facts to get the pulse of MEMBERS. It is kinda like reading the daily newspaper with a cup of coffee!!........OOPS, sorry, i guess most folks read news on line while texting with the other hand and driving to work with ones knees. Now that's multi-tasking!
                              HAPPY EASTER!!

Comment

Well

Crown is doing the work for a substanial discount if memory serves. To provide the services they are contracted, for any other company, would be I think someone said double or triple the cost ? It would be in the millions. Maybe APBA should raise dues and charge a fee at every race entry to cover the costs. After all, they want to have a neat and expensive corporate website.

What I like about Hydroracer is the fact it brings most all categories of boat racing under one roof, and all sanctioning bodies. So the APBA websit, just in my opinion only, is simply a spinoff of this site. It is not a competing website. They can't offer what Hydroracer does.

I have read the social section on the APBA website, but could not find a reason to sign up. And I am a person they are marketing for. I hope all these baby steps lead up to one gigantic leap for boatracing kind. There is not a lot of time left.
                                Dave Mason
                                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                                X