capsule training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capsule training

Black Diamond Rescue will be hosting a capsule training class on March 26, 2011. This will be held at 62 KEN HAYES DRIVE BOURBONNAIS, ILLINOIS60914 Holiday Inn Express. The hotle will offer racer discount for room rates ask for Joe. The class will held 10 AM-2PM

Thank You
    Eric Miller
    Black Diamond Rescue

bump.

Comment

b.t.t.

Comment

Capsule Training

With most all PRO drivers going to Constantine, then on to DePue, a perfect "Capsule Training" date would be July 26 or 27 in DePue. Is that possible?

Sean and Jim McKean

Comment

We are trying to avoid training at races. This is due to already long days and trying to find a pool.

Comment

b.t.t.

Comment

B.t.t.

Comment

Don't add up

Originally posted by Jim McKean View Post
                With most all PRO drivers going to Constantine, then on to DePue, a perfect "Capsule Training" date would be July 26 or 27 in DePue. Is that possible?

Sean and Jim McKean
                McKean in Texas, I'm in South Carolina. It is very hard to drive 12 to 13 hours to Illinois, another 12 hours back, for just a Capsule Test.
                Bill Kurps

Comment

i have to agree with Mr. Kurps, i know of 3 capsule drivers in Kansas, 2 of which I KNOW need to be signed off ( myself, and my dad) but are unable to travel except to go to races. IMO the race comming up on memorial day weekend in Menomonie, WI maybe a good place for many drivers to get signed off in one day.

Daniel Hooten

Comment

I need to renew my certification myself but will not make the trip from Idaho. Only makes sense to have them at the race. I feel it should be an initial certification only. So maybe we can solve this yearly problem of drivers need re-certs? Some of us accidentally re-cert every other race.

Comment

Originally posted by nnoethe View Post
                      I need to renew my certification myself but will not make the trip from Idaho. Only makes sense to have them at the race. I feel it should be an initial certification only. So maybe we can solve this yearly problem of drivers need re-certs? Some of us accidentally re-cert every other race.
                      Guys it is impossible to meet everyones schedules. The Divers for the most part are not getting paid an if they are it is a small amount (could of stayed home and worked)
                      the time frame to get retrained (thats what it is training) is from end of season to first race and is done at many region meetings and the national meeting. that gives you about 5 months to retrain. If you wait for the Nationals--maybe there will be some more training ??? but you will miss three races if you race with USTS.
                      There was always capsule training at the First Florida race but ya can't count on that as Fla does not always have a winter USTS race. And last time

Nick flipping does not count as training--I tried that but several weeks after I flipped in Winnona I had to re train . It is really all about training not certification.
                      Suggest if you need to retrain and can not make any scheduled trainings--you call the race chaiman of the first race you want to go to and try and convince him to find a pool and get the trainers to help you.
                      Pat

At least with the current formate your training certificate does not end in the middle of the season.

Comment

Maybe there are some inboard or OPC people in your area? They must have to do something...... Just a thought!

Comment

It was brought up at the national meeting this year that ALL race site testing be BANNED for safty concerns. I do not know the final outcome. Most rescue teams are leaning this way. So training may become harder to find at races in the future. As a rescue team member I can say the site testing is a PITA with all the extra equiptment needed and the time after a long day on the water.

Eric Miller
                          BDR

Comment

Got a Hydro but no current dunk test

Is there a list of future Capsule Training dates & sites. This Sunday Illinois class is impossible for me.
                            Last edited by ProHydroRacer; 03-27-2011, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Training will be on Sat the 26th. apba has some sites for future testing.

Comment

Working...
                              X