No announcement yet.

1953-54 race accident in New Ulm, MN - Wilson Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Jerrys grandson and I have all his newspaper clippings and If any one is intersted I will scan and post them. It is awsome to see people talk about him. It is mine and my mothers dream one day to find one of his boats and restore it.

Comment

Yes!

Originally posted by 2001SAN View Post
      I am Jerrys grandson and I have all his newspaper clippings and If any one is intersted I will scan and post them. It is awsome to see people talk about him. It is mine and my mothers dream one day to find one of his boats and restore it.
      Yes! Post everything you have! This is one of the few websites on the internet that >>appreciates<< the history of outboard boat racing. We would love to learn more.

The biggest problem you face in fulfilling your dream is that by the time a race boat changes hands three or four times, info on the builder and original owner may become lost. Unlike recreational boats which may have permanent manufacturer's name plates, serial numbers, and official documents such as titles which can be used to trace change of ownership, most small, outboard racing hulls do not. Many of these hulls may simply be known as "that old wood boat in grandpop's garage".

Post any pictures you have and someday you may get a lead.
      Last edited by Mark 72@E; 12-13-2010, 04:58 AM.
      @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
      72@E
      Former Boat Racer
      21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
      20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

I am going to have my mom scan all the artciles and photos so it might take a couple of days. Had my grandfather out on our boat about 10 years ago when we tested the boat and you could see the sparkle in his eyes as he drove the boat and scared the sales man.

Comment

Yes, please post anything you may have about the Wilson family racing and the boats. Do you have any brochures, price lists, factory photos, etc....?

I am close to complete on my article. I have no good quality illustrations to go along with it, however. Other than a 1972 photo provided by Wm. Walker.

Andreas
          thompsonboat@msn.com

Comment

Hi Cole,
            Yes, please post whatever you have on your grandfather. It would be greatly appreciated by all of us. Especially us "olefarts" that came from that era! hehe
            Ezryder

Comment

I am going to get a "WILSON BOAT" section set up at the "Classic Library" section of the fiberglassics website. This way brochures, price lists, newspaper clippings, photos, etc... can be permanently archived.

There is a "Span America" section already, which relates to Wilson Boat and Rice Lake Boat cCo.

Andreas

Comment

Just ate dinner with my grandmother and we started talking about my grandfather (Jerry Wison) racing and building the boats with his dad. It was an exciting conversation. This weekend my mother and I are going to get in her attic and find some of his trophies, he lost some in a flood. Not to mention found out my mothers cousin has a Wilson boat fully restored and we are waiting on pics of that.

Comment

Great!
                  Send me the pictures when you get them!
                  George

Comment

Just looked through the scrap book. We have maybe 50 articles and about 10 photos. Have articles showing them building the boats. I also have get well cards to my grandfather from Martin Motors and checks form sporting good stores.This is all very exciting for me. I will get them up asap.

Comment

Great!
                      Looking forward to seeing them!
                      ezryder

Comment

Having met your Grandfather, and having 3 boats built by your Greatgrandfather, I'm looking forward to more information too.

Comment

I have some more that are to big to fit on the fourm. If any one wants them I will be more than happy to email them to you. Two of the articles are pretty cool that are not posted, they are pics of my grandfater in the shop with his brother and dad building the boats.

Comment

Working...
                          X