No announcement yet.

Pictures of the A-Class with KG4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he has a computer now and an email, you guys could e-mail him myrtythebirdie@comcast.net I;m sure he would enjoy hearing from any of you guys.

Comment

Maybe one day I could get him to come down to a hydroplane race this summer,

Comment

I remember the '64 Nationals at Beaver Falls, PA. Don Christy was leading the pack of A stock hydros down the backstretch when he blew over. Since he was to run in the next class up (BU I think) how was he going to stay with his swamped boat, get into the patrol boat, get a ride back to the pits, and prepare for the next class? As memory serves, his brother jumped into a borrowed boat and sped out to where Don's stricken boat was slowly sinking, jumping in the water to grab hold of it, while Don zipped back to the pits to launch his BU. I think Don competed in 6 out of 9 stock classes run that day.
        Here are the '64 Sid Craft brochures, one featuring one of Don's Red Devils.

Comment

Beaver Falls was 1965 and I was right beside him when he blew over.

Bill Rosado

Comment

• Hunt Leavitt
            Hunt Leavitt commented
            Editing a comment
            You are right. It was '65. I also remember your super fast blue AU Clark Craft (I think). You jumped the gun in one heat by an inch. Ouch, that hurt.
        Working...
        X