X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD on E-Bay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Outbo...QQcmdZViewItem

72 Alky Nationals

Seller mentioned he made it from photos and a 300ft film so current bid is a bargain.........
    As a Christmas gift, I just got a DVD of old super 8 films (about 1hr+15mins) my Dad took in the 50's/60's/70's......local fell'a charges $5 per 50 foot film......can add up quick but have watched it about a dozen times times.......Was anoy'n back then when Dad fired up that camera with 3 gazillion watt lights on Christmas morn'n ...............THANKS Dad.......(miss ya).

19P
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 12-30-2008, 04:04 AM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
      You can see in this picture with the KG7 on it how high it was and the gearcase was touching the bottom of the boat.This was just set up for a show.
      Move the motor back a couple of inches, jack it up a little more, kick it under a bunch, and stay in the back of the boat.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Anyone remember Don Christy from MD? I am his grandson. I want to show him some pictures, I find what he's done is amazing

Comment

One year Don scored the highest number of points ever in Stock Outboard ... may have even been the most ever scored in any category in one year (the only other driver even close was Fred Jacoby before 1941 ... I'll have to find the numbers and see which of them had the most in their best year)

Comment

That sounds awesome, I'm suprised someone replied so fast, these fourums have been deserted for a whiile.

Comment

My brother Ken Rosado and me Bill Rosado competed against your grandfather back in the 60's until he stopped racing. He was always tough competition and I would guess that he would remember us as well, from Boston, Ma Region 1.

Bill Rosado

Comment

Ill ask him tomorrow, I find him more and more genuine each day, When I was little I thought he and Gloria(Mommom) were boring, but he is just the opposite. After he quit boats, he went on to drag car racing.

Comment

Far From Boring

Your Grandfather Don Christy was considered to be an ironman back in his boat racing days. He ran many more classes than most drivers on any given day and was a top contender in every class that he ran.

Bill Rosado

Comment

Donny was at the last Sharpstown race a few yeas ago and got to talk to him for quite awhile hadnt seen him in years , was great seeimg him again many great memories
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Don Christy

My brother Alan and I also raced against Don and currently Alan has one of his A engines. Attached is a picture of it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

:-)

My avitar........

Comment

Who can remember

Below is a photo of an item that was treasured by all that raced with Don. If I remember correctly his boats were named "A" Devil, "B" Devil and so on. When we were at races most of us were lucky to have 2 or 3 props. This is one of Don's prop boxes with his props. I would suspect that some of these might still run good on a KG-4 or a 20-H.
                          Alan
                          Attached Files

Comment

One thing that jumps out at me is the size of the boat. Compared to what we run today, the old Sids and Marchettis are huge!

Tim
                            Tim Weber

Comment

Boat Size

Tim: My Sid Craft "Bull Dog" which was purchased in 1959 was 8 feet 6" long and weighed 110 all equipped. My next ASH boat was a Marchetti purchased in 1961 which was 9 feet long and weighed 98lbs all equipped. Not much different than boats today. I think the only differnce which would give you the impression of "bigger" is current design/areodynamics.

Sincerely,
                              Don Graham III

Comment

My short sponson A Sid was 9-3 and my short sponson B Sid was 9-6 both were 1962 years.
                                Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
                                X