Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Important is Hydroracer?

Looking at options here.

Hydroracer is becoming more and more expensive to maintain, unfortunately it is not longer paying for itself. In todays world of hackers and facebook, maintenance becomes harder and harder to successfully do when many use the instant gratification social media platforms.

How important to you is hydroracer? Are you willing to pay a membership fee? Are you willing to donate to its survival during the membership drive in January? Do you ever use the google ads? (That is where the majority of it's revenue comes from.) I see a few people posting using their posts to push people to other sites, should we stop this? Looking for options and ideas. Maybe Hydroracer has run it's course what are your thoughts? ~Teresa

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Mrs blueskyracer, I think the various Racing Facebook accounts have put Hydroracer and Boat Racing Facts on the back shelf. For current, up to the minute info, I go to these accounts. I never use google ads. If you are losing money, I would say shut her down.

Comment

I donate during the membership drive and I have received a ton of good information on Hydroracer but I am also leaving the sport so probably won't be on here all that much if at all. I have noticed a lack of websites as well as some club sites that are either never updated or shut down altogether. It seems like the place to be is FB......even the APBA site is a mess. Make the decision that benefits you first and foremost.

Comment

Bye Bye !
        Last edited by Original Looper 1; 11-23-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Kip69w
          Kip69w commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm... Wonder if I'm reading that all wrong? (I don't think so)

I'm not sure who (if any) raised you.. but they sure failed, Bcuz that wasn't very nice at all. I didn't think there were any Knobb-Rockers on HR here.... apparently I was wrong!
          Last edited by Kip69w; 12-06-2019, 09:14 AM.

I don't mind ads if they don't get too out of control. Pop-ups are indeed annoying. I notice that you have adds on your homepage and so does BoatRacingFacts. If it required a few more ads for you to stay in business, that's OK with me. Do whatever it takes to survive. I go to many websites that have far more ads than yours and learn to cope with it. I don't do social media such as FB, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid it, as so much information has moved over to it. I don't even own a smart-phone.........yet. I will however, when I'm forced to. I'm not a total Luddite, but change for the sake of change doesn't work for me. Change has to have a real and practical purpose for me to embrace it.

Comment

Do you need $25 per member?? I'm in.. Forgot to this year. But will do so to keep it alive. This is the 1st site I look at each a.m.,,, lunch and after the evening meal. I find this site very gratifying. And I am a retired driver.

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
            Mrs blueskyracer commented
            Editing a comment
            I will let you know what we work out, just trying to gauge the interest for the site and what it's future should look like.

Sadly I figured this day would come, as the original creator of HydroRacer.Net id say cut your losses and pull the ripcord. The world has changed since I created this forum and so has everything else surrounding the internet. Is the site worthwhile to many folks, yes but is that enough to sustain it into the future? I know you might be shocked to hear me say this but with the cost of hosting etc. I just don't see it as a wise investment given the number of Facebook groups that are now serving the same purpose. Its been long road guys I'm sure Mike and Teresa will do what's in their best interest.

Love or hate Facebook there are currently 2.45 billion monthly active users.

Dan

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
            Mrs blueskyracer commented
            Editing a comment
            Not throwing in the towel yet, but seeing less and less activity. More and more referrals to facebook and other sites.

do not bend to the will of facebook sheeple, I will double my donation

Comment

• HRTV
            HRTV commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not about making jokes about Facebook or calling people who use Facebook Sheep. It's about the long term financial burden which should make Mike and Teresa contemplate if it's worth keeping alive considering there are platforms that allow for the same type of conversation that are free. Facebook along with other platforms have developed platforms that serve the same purpose only difference being Facebook pay the monthly hosting cost and runs the server farms wherein the case of HydroRacer.Net the owners are right to look at the long term feasibility of paying so others can chat and in many cases only to use the forum as a jump off-site to promote their own sites. Why should they pay just to give others a platform to promote their Facebook Groups?

I'm sure, in the end, they will do what's best for their own interests financially.
            Last edited by HRTV; 11-25-2019, 01:12 PM.

• MadProps
            MadProps commented
            Editing a comment
            sorry you dont see my comment for the help as it was intended, & I am entitled to my opinion of facebook and the sheeple....have a great day

I watch it almost every day, I would hate to see it go away.

Comment

Honestly,,, How much money do you need for 2020???

Comment

I very much enjoy the information and views shared on HR. Here's hoping you can keep it going into the future. Donation to follow soon.
              Thanks for your efforts,
              Chip Trampe

Comment

I would be willing to throw some loot to the cause. I’ve never joined Facebook and never will.

Comment

How much are you looking for per member?

Comment

You have to look at it this way, Mr bluesky racer fulfilled his dreams by racing a boat/ building them, Mrs blue sky racer is spending to much time and money moderating a site.

I am sure she would like to drink coffee and do other things now.

Comment

Well. It’s if you probably read the earlier reply before I broke the site! I will find hydroracer through year end and we will have a membership drive and see if she can’t put together enough money for another year. I think there is enough support to make it happen. Here is to our future

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

• mrlou40
                        mrlou40 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you, I see a few who think its past its prime,that's their opinion but I see new posts from racers still needing help from other racers. This has been where so many come for news, ideas, good news and sad news. yes, FB and other racing sites may get more hits but I really think if this went away it would be a sad day for our sport. Thank you for all you do.
                    Working...
                    X