I'm in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in

The Lord does work in mysterious ways. Sometimes thing just don't go according to your plan. It is all in Gods hands and goes according to His plan. I had pretty much pulled the plug on all boat racing activities as the prices were climbing and the vintage inboards were getting so long in the tooth that the hulls were either falling apart or available with very shaky gear that is just too dangerous to run at speed. I am 58 and when I started I was 17, those boats were safe for decades but wood just doesn't last forever and hardware gets cracked, rusted and jury rigged.

So I went on my merry way to pursue cycling more seriously and just tried to put boat racing to bed. Then last Friday I blew the transmission in my beloved Chevy Astro van and that sealed my fate. Enter Dave Breisacher......Dave emailed me this past Tuesday with an offer I just couldn't refuse. He is giving me his other C hydro that needs some work.....I almost fell out of my chair.....R U kidding me.........talk about something that could only happen in my dreams...This was a clear sign that I need to be with the outboards. It will probably take me awhile to collect all the parts and pieces while I work on the boat but heck, now I can help out at the races and get to know everyone and learn the sport. I don't have to worry about standing on shore watching, knowing I won't ever get a chance to drive.......So to all who have been so supportive especially the Breisacher clan I humbly say Thank you. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all.

Dave Cofone

dave,

glad things worked out. there are a lot of great people in the racing family ready to help.dave b and his family are wonder people. looking forward to meeting you in 2019.

like the poem said:

Success is failure turned inside out,
    The silver tint of clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems afar,
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
    It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

frank novotny
    ​52-E

Comment

Let us know what help you need with work on the hydro, lots of experts here.
      Post some pics
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

What class are you intending to run ?

Comment

• Dave Cofone
          Dave Cofone commented
          Editing a comment
          From what everyone tells me C hydro is best for my weight. Obviously there is 300SSH but no matter the class I am in no hurry to be a top dog. I want to learn and progress in a way that doesn't get in the way of more serious drivers. For me this is for fun, I get to drive at speed and have the thrill and after I get a season or two under my belt I will possibly take the next step forward. I still want to build my own boat and mess around with trying to sit in the boat and make it work, but before I can do that I have to know what it is like to kneel and what these boats need as ar a weight transfer goes.
      Working...
      X