Bill Walker passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Walker passed away

My father, Bill Walker, passed peacefully at his home on July 26th. He was 78 years old and is survived by his son Brad Walker, daughter in law Molly Walker, grandson Patrick Walker, brother John Walker and Currie, his dog.

There will be a memorial service at Jacksonville, FL National Cemetery at 10AM on August 17th with full military honors due his 35 years of service in the US Navy.

Cards and condolences can be sent to 2716 Cove View Dr N. Jacksonville, FL 32257.

The family requests instead of flowers or gifts that donations be sent to the APBA Historical Society.

http://www.apbahs.org/

Race in peace Dad....
    Last edited by B Walker; 08-03-2018, 09:41 PM.
    302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Wow Brad so sorry to hear the news, I haven't seen you guys in years. My condolences to the entire family. Your dad was a super guy, he will be missed.

Dan
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Brad,

Your dad was a great friend and member of the racing family. I hope you are cheered in time by many pleasant memories of a true character and gentleman.

D. Weaver
      David Weaver

Comment

Brad very sorry for your loss always enjoyed seeing your DAD.

Comment

It's been awhile since I've been at the same place at the same time as Bill. I always enjoyed talking to him. He was a great guy. I have 2 jet engine exhaust nozzles bolted together to use as a chimney for charcoal, he gave me at Camden. I think of him every time I use it. What a wonderful person
          David Everhart S52
          Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Brad very sorry to hear about your dad. We always enjoyed hanging out with him and reminiscing stories of back when he was in Oklahoma. Prayers to you all from the Whats up Doc Team.

Rick Miller

Comment

Our deepest sympathies, Brad. He was always such a gentleman. I have many fond memories of the years we competed against each other in CMR. And even more memories of conversations in the pits.

Jeff Williams
              Jeff
              5-P

Comment

My condolences..............your dad and my dad (Bill Kneeland) were New England friends for years starting in the early 1970's.. Of course i have know and liked your dad for decades and will miss seeing him in the pits...Matt.

Comment

Bill will always be one of my favorite characters from the world of boat racing. A truly unique individual.

Brad, hope to see you some time, we can jam some Talking Heads.
                  Ryan Runne
                  9-H
                  Wacusee Speedboats
                  ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

I will miss Bill. He was one of the funniest guys I met while I was racing in Florida. Brad, I'm sorry for your loss.
                    28-R

Comment

Brad,

Nicki and I are much saddened to hear about Bill's passing. We had the great fortune to pull into the pits at Jesup in March 2008 and set-up next to Bill. This was our very first race ever, and we were as green as they come. We could not have had a better pit neighbor and mentor than Bill. You and he made us feel welcome in the racing family, and made sure that we knew what and how to do many things that are new to first timers. Over the years, we have counted it a blessing to get to know Bill better and count him as our friend. Bill was truly an ambassador for the sport and a friend to all.

Tom & Nicki B.
                      Tom Burwinkle
                      11-K
                      sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Brad,

I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. We started racing together in BSH in region 3. We always talked about sleeping in our parents cars & racing the next day. Remember the good times.

John

Comment

Brad,
                          Sorry to here about your dads passing.
                          Bill

Comment

My condolences to you and the family, Bill was a great guy... Back when I started racing I always looked forward to his spiked cherries in Camden.
                            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Our deepest condolences to Brad,Molly and Patrick. It came as a shock last night ! Bill was a great statesmen,gentleman an ambassador to our sport ! Rest in peace my Friend, see you at the finish line.

Comment

• PopPop
                                PopPop commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Our condolences Bill Walkers family, Bill was a great guy and a truely unique character. It's been a pleasure to know him and he will be missed by all. The Doerles, the Lyons family and Ray Hastings.
                            Working...
                            X