Got scammed by Mark Lowery frauded last know address Charlotte NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got scammed by Mark Lowery frauded last know address Charlotte NC

Beware of the person, he goes by the nickname “kiimber” and is know as Mark Lowery of NC. He trolls forums to scam people out of their money. I sent him a bank draft for a Mercury 44xs and when he didn’t ship I phoned him, he said if I wanted the motor I had to send $700.00 more. He held my motor ransom and I had to send the money, after 3 weeks of no contact, no motor. I emailed and he said his son died and he wants me to pay for his sons medical costs. Told him that wouldn’t work so he wants me to loan him $1000.00, has been going on since beginning of September. I asked for proof of life for the motor, where is the motor, etc. About 25 unanswered emails and phone calls. He’s a scammer, we need to flush him out. His helpers are his wife Anita Lowery and a Lakesha Wilborn of Rochchester NY.. I asked for my money back, he said I’ll never get it back, that he is untraceable and above the law. Need help please, stop him from frauding more people

This did not happen on this forum and we do not have a member named "Kiimber", however; it could easily happen here. The answer to this is always Buyer Beware! Make sure who you are dealing with, that they indeed have the item that they are selling and I would NOT send money through the mail that is untraceable. Get more information on your seller through a private email and get their phone number, address and actual name up front. IF you have any questions ask others on the forum if they know the person before sending money. Always protect yourself. 99% of the members on forums are honest folk, but that one percent gives everyone a bad name.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

• bigkahuna
      bigkahuna commented
      Editing a comment
      It did not happen on this forum. All precautions were taken, I had pictures, names, addresses, their bank accounts, private email address, phone numbers. First thing to happen I was blocked from their cell phone. I went halves on the engine with my racing buddy, he got screwed too and he’s a lot smarter than me. Stop scams like this from happening on good honest forums. Need help to stop turds like this frauding good people. Rod

Well as promised here’s Mr Lowery info
    the scam scum that ripped me off. Please be careful, had another turd just yesterday try to take advantage of me. I did it once never again. I still am looking for a 44xs Mercury
    Mark and Anita Lowery
    4315 Cinderella Rd
    Charlotte NC
    His accomplice is a
    Lakesha Wilborn
    209 Burley Rd
    Rochester NY
    If you happen to know them tell them to smarten up and stop ripping people off. I you don’t know them knock on their door and punch them in the face for me. I’ll even buy you a beer. Mark Lowery, if that’s your real name, you said that you won’t be caught, that you are above the law. Well aren’t above the word of mouth on the internet.

Comment

Most boat racers are very honest and good people. However, I always have new people work with established racers to check out any equipment they are looking to purchase. There has to be a way to get your funds back.....I would be checking with a lawyer.

Comment

I called the Charlotte police and the Bank of America that the funds went into, first thing is to try and get through on their phone systems. I asked for help by posting on a forum that I thought I could trust but there are bad people always lurking from the shi* hole they live in.

Comment

• Shane_B
          Shane_B commented
          Editing a comment
          I know this is not helpful but if you did business via US Post Office (on this end), then contact them as they have postal inspectors who specialize in mail fraud.... if by internet or telephone, then contact US FCC and lodge complaint (especially if international).

I did a search on individuals above and addresses are different...
          No Mark or Anita Lowery on Cinderella Rd but did find a Mark Lowery on Goldenfield Rd in Charlotte NC (may not be same individual). (FYI, the Cinderella address looks like an apt bldg..)
          The address I found for a Lakesha Wilborn in Rochester is different - have one listed at 14 8th St, Apt 2 in Rochester.
          Those results don't bode well - looks like a well thought out scam.

Sorry about your horrible experience.

Shane

Thank you so much for the help Shane, it’s with help like this that these pieces of crap will be found. Had another scammer contact me on Sunday on Vintage Outboard forum. These trolls are out there. The one that got me was on Boat Racing Facts. Being on the other side of the country doesn’t help your your info is much appreciated.

Comment

i found a lakesha wilborn at 609 grand ave apt 2 rochester ny phone number 585-305-8052. there's a criminal court record but i can't see it with my standard membership on mylife.com . i found nothing on mark or anita in charlotte nc and neither crossed referenced to each other.

Comment

• fbref5269
            fbref5269 commented
            Editing a comment
            i did find 3 hits for anita in charlotte, 7926 bronze pike dr 704-523-1856.13103 arbor day ct 704-992-9517. 3231 mint leaf dr 704-9215889.

Too bad this happened. Googling the email address you listed on another website with this guys name is noted as being a scammer on a few websites during September... Mopar car and a gun forum. Scamming gun enthusiasts seems like an especially bad practice even for a bad buy, haha.
          Fralick Racing
          Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

• bigkahuna
            bigkahuna commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your help. I have to also find out somebody using the nickname
            “Kiimber” they are the ones who gave me the info to contact Mr Scammer
            Rod

• Shane_B
            Shane_B commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree, not too bright scamming on a gun forum... likely to feel the impact on their skull before even hearing the report!

Update
          So Mark Lowery is now using the name Tim Lowery his partner in crime goes by the nickname “jsuther” who gives scumbag guy a good reference. Be aware.

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
            Mrs blueskyracer commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you sure these two are related in the scam? If so I will remove membership for jsuther who is indeed on our web site! While there is unfortunately not much I can do, removing a membership I can handle.

got 3 hits fr tim lowery in charlotte, nc but no cross reference to anita. do you want the info? no phone numbers were listed

frank

Comment

This is really bad obviously. One thing to safeguard transactions is ask around about the sellers reputation in the racer community. Almost everyone that posts on BRF or Hydroracer knows each other.

When you first mentioned the Lowery character, my initial thought was who?

The only Mark I know in NC with a 44 that I can think of is Mark Shelton and he's a decent guy.

I'm sure people wouldn't mind you checking up on them in the future. I know I wouldn't.

Tim
            Tim Weber

Comment

So the email for jsuther on our site is ahlertmark@gmail.com it appears Mark Lowery uses or used that alias jsuther as and the email addressahlertmark@gmail.com to refer people to Mark Lowery. The jsuther account has been locked. That email address when googled is related to a lot of scams. If you sound out that email address it sounds like "alert Mark".

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

• fbref5269
                fbref5269 commented
                Editing a comment
                THANK YOU! we don't take kindly to being
                scammed

frank

Johnson David it another jerk trolling on both Hydroracer and Boat Racing Facts. He contacted me with another outboard for sale. Very questionable and another scammer

Comment

• fbref5269
                fbref5269 commented
                Editing a comment
                sent you a pm please read
            Working...
            X