Ed Thirlby Sr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Thirlby Sr.

I was saddened to hear of the passing of Ed Thirlby Sr this morning. My most heartfelt condolences to the entire Thirlby family. The picture is from a better time , 2009 USTS race in DePue.

My condolences to all of the Thirlby family. RIP my friend!

Comment

condolences to the Thirlby family
      God bless my long time friend

Comment

condolences to the Thirlby family
        God bless

Comment

Condolences to the family and friends. What a Boat Racer he was... Always the best.
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

So sorry to hear of this . He was an inspiration to me and the son's and grandkid's that I know, have continued his style and teaching's. Wishing for peace within the family. 23/w

Comment

Condolences to the Thirlby family in their time of sorrow, our prayers are going out to you. Hall Racing

Comment

Ed was a great guy our prayers go out to the Thirlby family ,he was so instrumental in starting the U.S.T.S. . Ed surely will be missed

Comment

• aksarbenx7
                  aksarbenx7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Blessings to the Thirlby family. I am so sorry for your loss.

My wife and I wish to send our sincerest condolences to the Thirlby family for the loss and passing of
                Ed Thirlby Sr. He will be greatly missed by the boat racing community/ family.

Mr. Thirlby was one of the most decent and respectful businessmen I ever had a chance to do business with for vintage engine racing parts that I needed, as Ed was always more than reasonable and fair on the prices when he did not have to be, and never tried to take advantage of me if I needed a rare Konig part to finish a Konig restoration project.

When my wife and I would go to the races to pick up those parts, he was always smiling, welcoming and treated both my wife and myself with courtesy and respect.

Dear old racing friend, may you rest with the lord with peace for eternity.

Regards,

Paul
                and Diane Christner

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad our prays are sent to you and the family. From Tom Nuccio 9f

Comment

It is difficult to express the loss of a good friend and mentor and my sympathies to the family.
                    Ed gave me my chance to race a 500ccR at Lakeland and I was hooked, finishing a third and a second over the two days, of course to Eddie and Steve Litzell.
                    With his help of the next few months, I was able to buy the right equipment to join in the rest of 1996 USTS. He spent about a half hour with me at my first Title Series race (Lake Village), offering all the things to avoid in losing a race, everything that could go wrong with a Konig. It was probibly five years of learning experience what not to do. I'll never forget him asking Eddie and Mike if they were all set up (which they were) and come walk to my rig and look it all over for any problems. There was a few. I finished third because of his help. Eddie, Jim Kirts and me, not to bad.
                    With no pit crew of my own in those early times, he always made sure I got off the beach from his pit guys.
                    That first winter, I drove to his shop to learn how to re-build a Konig crankshaft. We shared knowledge that weekend on race engines. Konig, C Service, PR, 4-60, coffee and some Miller Lites.
                    Times I will never forget.
                    R. C. Hawie

Comment

Working...
                    X