Prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop question

Want to know if a beach start prop is made to overcome the cavitation lag that happens when getting up on plane. Do they plane out more immediately or are they the same as flying start props we use. I would like to get a prop that works for my Airborne that will minimize cavitation between about 5 & 15 mph & just go. One of the clevers I have for it is pretty good but I still have to lean way up & crank the motor to get going.
    Team Tower

Originally posted by johnsonm50 View Post
    Want to know if a beach start prop is made to overcome the cavitation lag that happens when getting up on plane. Do they plane out more immediately or are they the same as flying start props we use. I would like to get a prop that works for my Airborne that will minimize cavitation between about 5 & 15 mph & just go. One of the clevers I have for it is pretty good but I still have to lean way up & crank the motor to get going.
    Beach start propellers are different than other racing propellers. You would have to ask a propeller expert as to what those differences are. What motor and propeller are you using on your Airborne?

Go to Boatracingfacts.com website and ask Ron Hill. He is not only the owner of that website but he also makes propellers. He has Hill Marine Propellers. Contact him through the website. I'm sure he can help you.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

The motor is an OMC twin 25 on a D tower, I'm using D props, 11p & less 3 blade cleavers have worked best all around so far. A 2 blade Hopkins 13p I have is faster but hard to plane. This is a pleasure boat & I'm looking to make it easier to enjoy. Sit down, push start button & go
      Team Tower

Comment

Mike - You have the best of this knowledge as your friend on FB. Not to mention he's great friends with that other prop maker. Post ? on your FB bet he answers you.Tell your wife Happy Mothers Day

Comment

Working...
        X