Need Help-CSR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help-CSR question

I am new to this class. i have a 102 I want to put on my CSR. The transom height is 14inches. The 102 is way too deep in the water. I think the transom height was for a 302. What height should I raise the transom to so I can run the 102 with room to spare for a few shimes.Any help would be appreciated.

The center point of the prop shaft tail end must be 3/4 inch below the bottom of the boat for the max height. Start shimming your transom until you reach that height. Jack

Comment

• ZUL8TR
      ZUL8TR commented
      Editing a comment
      OK If he has enough transom

If it was set for a 302, you'll need to increase the transom by 1". Get some 1/4" sheet aluminum and sandwich the transom and cut a block to fit across the top between the aluminum. You'll be close then.

Tim
    Tim Weber

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitears2 View Post
      I am new to this class. i have a 102 I want to put on my CSR. The transom height is 14inches. The 102 is way too deep in the water. I think the transom height was for a 302. What height should I raise the transom to so I can run the 102 with room to spare for a few shimes.Any help would be appreciated.
      How is that 14" measured, along the slope or vertical up from 90 degrees off the bottom. I would mount the engine on the boat and adjust the prop shaft level with the bottom, then measure how far the shaft rear center is below the bottom. Then subtract 3/4" and that is the additional height needed. Reduce that for some shims for final adjustment and add to the transom as noted above with the aluminum/ wood sandwich.
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• crfabbro2F
        crfabbro2F commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be 90 deg off bottom for that measurement

If it is a 302 transom the 102 is 1 1/8 taller. I have used a wood block,a couple counter sunk 3/8 lag bolts, along with moving the aluminum sandwich plates up to make it strong.

Comment

Working...
      X