Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS Scam

hi all,

as some of you know I am an accountant. over the past year I have received several calls from my tax clients who have been called by someone saying that they are from the IRS. let me say this..... THE IRS DOES NOT MAKE PHONE CALLS TO GET MONEY FROM YOU. please le all your friends know this. I have been having fun with several of the scammers calling them and asking how the scam is going. based on the scent from the scammers the calls are coming from india.

I did call one of the numbers today and got a recorded advertisement from magic jack. it seems the scammers are using magic jack to make the calls. the numbers that have been used for the scam have been:

202.241.6231(now a magic jack ad)
    716.616.9070(current number being used)

please alert your friends about the scam.

frank
    52-E

UPDATE........

I wrote magic jack an email alerting them about the abuse of their product. they replied to me and said they would investigate and take action if abuse was discovered. well 2 days later the two still active numbers were shut down!!!!!!

if you get a irs scam call you can report the abuse to ReportAbuse@magicjack.com

they will take action.

frank

Comment

Got a message on my machine at home, their new number is 855-999-8001

Comment

yellowjacket, double check the number. the area code may be wrong, I'm not getting it to ring. thanks.

Comment

That was what they left on the machine, I googled the number and lots of others have reported it as claiming they are from the IRS too, so I'm not the only one who is getting these as robo calls..

Comment

yellowjacket, the nerve of the scammer, he hung up on me. I only asked him how his scam was going. he asked why I thought it was a scam. well I said you just told me you were located in Washington, dc yet your area code is not from there. then he hung up on me. the nerve of him

keep the numbers coming I enjoy insulting them in very non policitically correct ways.

Comment

What we all ought to do is call the scammer and put on dummy act and let him think it was working. This would first of all take up his time so that he can't be scamming other folks, and secondly he'll be thinking he's got a big payday coming and he'll get nothing... Poetic justice the way I see it.... Also, if you can figure out where he's located you could call at all hours of the night... After a week or two of sleepless nights he might even give it up...

Comment

my thoughts exactly!!!!!!

Comment

Here is a solution for these bozos. Get a referee whistle. Give them a call or if they call you you start speaking and then you blow the whistle into their ear. That will get their attention as you hang up the phone.

Smiley

Comment

sounds like a plan smiley

Comment

• johnsonm50
                      johnsonm50 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The whistle would be like instant gratification but I like the pretend to comply & $end 1st then 'blow the whistle' & then use the boat whistle

A quick note.....the IRS is not the only group operating scams. I had a d boat for sale for a while and got a message from a "racer" that wanted boat pretty bad....asked if they could send a check for more then the amount etc etc. It was very convincing.....I asked for a little more info...and of course the thing fell apart. Be careful.

Comment

Working...
                    X