This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to add a link:

Ignore the link/chain icon next to the camera icon. This makes the post into what's called a "Link Content Type" and it won't do what you're probably expecting it to do.

Simplest way is just paste the link into the post, it'll work as a clickable link like this:
    https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...-for-all-clubs

If you want some text to point to the link, do this:
    Type the text
    Highlight the text
    Click the "A" icon to the right of the editor to drop down the advanced tools
    Click the small link/chain icon in the dropped down toolbar....it's about two thirds of the way along, towards the right.
    Paste the URL in the box that pops up
    Click OK
    Post the message.

This will give you something like this:
    This is a link

The main thing that's changed from the old board is that you type the text first, then highlight it.
    Mark
    vBulletin Support

Comment

Thank you for the navigation buttons at the bottom of the pages!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Ok, I went to members list, But for me it does not change off of page 1. I have clicked every letter and it stays on the same page
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Wayne, it works ok for me this morning. It is possible that there was a rebuilding of the database that was underway when you tried. Mark has been working on accomplishing one to stop some errors that we have been receiving. Please try again and let me know if it is still a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
            Ok, I went to members list, But for me it does not change off of page 1. I have clicked every letter and it stays on the same page
            Each individual letter has its own "Page 1", so when clicking on a letter you will always start on Page 1.
            Mark
            vBulletin Support

Comment

Pictures? now in posts they show up for me as links and when I click them I just get a blank white page
              BACK does return me to the post, I can't figure out how to access pictures
              using IE 11

Comment

Are you trying to look at the section of pictures we lost forever.. If they were posted originally in 2013 or early 2014 they no longer exist.. Sorry
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 41P View Post
                  Pictures? now in posts they show up for me as links and when I click them I just get a blank white page
                  BACK does return me to the post, I can't figure out how to access pictures
                  using IE 11
                  Mike can you see this one?

Should be embedded in the post AND the link below it should take you to the picture as well.

Attached Files
                  Mark
                  vBulletin Support

Comment

Yes, I see the picture and the link works for me. OK, so the posts I was looking at, with recent activity so they were at top, were started a ways back and the pictures just don't exist? Think I understand now, thanks.

Comment

Test Post June 25, 2014!

Comment

The software behind this site apparently is allergic to paragraphing. When I write a longish PM I break it down into paragraphs to indicate separate ideas, and spaced apart for easy reading. But when I SEND the PM, the program rams it all into a solid block of print, no paragraphs. Is there a way to get it to SEND it the way I write it?

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
                          Mrs blueskyracer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Smitty, don't just read it in the preview mode. If you actually double click on it to open it then it will be in the form you typed it. The preview is just a quick read screen! I double checked and the software is functioning perfectly.

Okay, fiddling with it, I think I see that it "condenses" the text where it's stored in my SENT box, but the addressee gets it as I laid it out. Always learning something new about this stuff. As always, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                        X