This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Tips

Did you know that if you if you go to "Today's Posts" you will see a list of active threads just like on the old portal page.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Once you arrive at the Today's Posts forum, did you notice that you can search the threads, for a members name, or tag words using the buttons right below the ad screen to the left?

Comment

If you go to the top right of any page, and click your username, then select "My Recent Posts" from the dropdown, you'll see a list of recent threads that you have posted in.
      Mark
      vBulletin Support

Comment

If you want to see only topics (new threads) that were started today go to "New Topics" in the navigation bar.

Comment

With advanced editing the "A" in the bar above the new post space you can find the "video" link which will allow you to easily include videos in your post. (8th box over from left looks like a movie frame) Making it easy to add a video link to your post.

Comment

Did you know that you can't "Like" your own posts? But you can certainly like someone elses!

Comment

Using the "A" for advanced editing you can do a lot of different things:
              • You can do bulleted text to make a point
              • you can easily BOLD text
              • you can underline and do
              • you can type in various colors
              • you can center, right justify and left justify text
              • you can import from Microsoft word and paste as plain text.
              Now if only they would add a spell check. I notice that it underlines your words in red if you misspell something.

Comment

There seems to be an autosave function on the new version, so when you navigate away accidently or something else happens, when you go back to the thread to start again it asks you if you want to restore or delete the saved content. Way to go VBulletin that is a great feature!

Comment

To upload an picture and embed it within the post;
                  Use the button on the right of the new message box, that looks a bit like a sheet of paper with a paperclip on it.

After uploading it, you will see a series of "Insert" options depending on the size you want.
                  Mark
                  vBulletin Support

Comment

Under today's posts if you look at the name of the last poster on the far right you will see the time of the post next to it two little white triangles inside a burgundy box. Clicking on the triangles will take you to the last post!

Comment

Blueskyracer - this tip is for you. If you type a post then go to include a picture and find out it doesn't fit, or if you find you don't have the picture, if you look in the bar above where you typed your message you will see the camera or the attachment icon is highlighted burgundy. If you click on it the upload attachment section goes away and you can continue on. Or go resize/find your picture and try again.

Comment

• blueskyracer
                        blueskyracer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gee thanks.. I hate having to start over

"Latest Posts" in the nav bar at the top of the page gives you a preview of the most recent posts made on the forum, including the author, date and time, and the forum it was posted into.
                      Mark
                      vBulletin Support

Comment

May have been already asked but;
                        Can I retrieve my old messages before the change?????

100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
                          May have been already asked but;
                          Can I retrieve my old messages before the change?????
                          PMs?
                          Yes they should be there. Click "Messages" at the top then "Inbox" on the left.
                          Mark
                          vBulletin Support

Comment

Mark, Can you explain the best way to add a link to a post. See this thread I have always used text and connected it to the link but others have always just posted the link. It seems if you just post the link it now "disappears" into the white space.

Comment

Working...
                            X