Super Wedgie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super wedgie

I wanted to see some more pictures of these boats. So I went to Google image search and typed in "super wedgie". I will spare you folks from seeing any of the search results.
    Gosh, I hope somebody builds or buys a more conventional looking runabout soon. Call me old fashioned.

Comment

Conventional Runabout

I have a 4 year old conventional looking runabout for sale right now because we are building one of these super wedgies.
      Keith Kampen

Comment

The best lookin' boat is the one that is out front.

BW
        302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Hey Jeff I could have told you before time that was the wrong searce words to put.....lol
          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Bud Pinto definitely did not invent the "Wedgie" as there were several similarly designed boats before. However, the term Wedgie comes from Bud. Our version was a copy of his 1988 boat called "Wittle Wed Wacer" (Little Red Racer said by Elmer Fudd)...Wedgie was Reggie (we were Eagles fans and Reggie White was awesome then) and it looked like a Wedge and it was also a name for having your underwear caught in your crack. The DeFebo's promoted the term and popularized it later on by building a number of them for J and A drivers all over.

Comment

I raced one...T-US I think it was called...Thanks Casey!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyMinton79P View Post
                Bud Pinto definitely did not invent the "Wedgie" as there were several similarly designed boats before. However, the term Wedgie comes from Bud. Our version was a copy of his 1988 boat called "Wittle Wed Wacer" (Little Red Racer said by Elmer Fudd)...Wedgie was Reggie (we were Eagles fans and Reggie White was awesome then) and it looked like a Wedge and it was also a name for having your underwear caught in your crack. The DeFebo's promoted the term and popularized it later on by building a number of them for J and A drivers all over.
                Lets see a picture.
                Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

There was a sign at the registration Millvale NJ in the 70's that said " Vote against the H dimention.' I asked what it meant was told it was deck width and Gord McReady said that if it passed we would soon have 2 hydro classes.

People were building runabouts with as much tumble as legal in the 60's. Think of Rinker; Wayne Poapst built an AU for Jack Wilson who asked for a diamond shape.

Somewhat later, Ronnie Watterson , Fishers Landing NY but a wedge shaped boat inspired by a Sid design. From the transom , all lines converged to the bow. The short triangular chines didn't work very well.

Rob Cotton, Niagara Falls, NY built runabouts with maximum tumble and minimum deck. His boats were fast.

Comment

Working...
                  X