Kingston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston

Is the rumor true that the APBA Pro/Mod Nationals at Kingston have been cancelled for 2017?

Interesting..... Anyone want to respond about this? and maybe before we have to renew for membership?
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Maybe this would be answered if it wasn't hidden here. Put it on the racing discussion forum so David Weaver sees it. I heard about your post and went looking for it.
      David Everhart S52
      David Everhart S52
      Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Kingston 2017 Update - Here is what I know and I am not the official "word" on this. It appears doubtful that Kingston will host boat races in 2017 along with its July 4th celebrations. The respective MOD and PRO commissions are communicating with the City about an alternative date. They are also considering options for other locations/dates to ensure that each category has its nationals. If you have questions or wish to assist, I suggest contacting your category commissioners.
        David Weaver

Comment

Thank you David. Isn't what I expected but at least it is no longer rumor. Lots of people need to plan for vacation time early in the year. I for one liked Kingston. I hope we didn't do something or offend anyone causing this. We don't need to lose any more sites
          David Everhart S52
          David Everhart S52
          Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

We need to come up with a date as soon as possible. We like Dayton on their traditional date.

Comment

Wakefield for both!

Comment

How about Zainsville OH or Whitney Point,its been awhile.

Comment

Green Lake! Seattle, WA.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
                    Green Lake! Seattle, WA.

or Angle Lake.....short course racing at its best!
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

What does a budget for a Pro/Mod National event look like?
                      Untethered from reality!

Comment

• Racerkyle20
                        Racerkyle20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Depends on the site, how long you want the event, etc. I would guess as low as $8K to as high as $20K for a Mod/Pros 2-3 day weekend National. Again it depends on the site and how much they charge, sponsorship, Insurance (is pretty straight forward), Ambulance, rescue crew, other county fees/lake fees/city fees, and if you include tow money for teams.

Look for more information soon on the combined APBA Pro and Mod Nationals. For now, please pencil in the dates June 22 thru June 25 with the location being Constantine, MI. The 22nd will be devoted to testing. Until approved by respective categories this tentative (pending other bids?).
                      David Weaver

Comment

really ,in june? most will only have 1 race in, then to the nationals. ?? never been to Constantine, is it a boat racer friendly site meaning can we camp on site ,are there sleeping / eating places close to the race site? No region 7 [or] clubs interested in doing this at the Depue place [ those folks love the pro stuff.].

Comment

• David Weaver
                          David Weaver commented
                          Editing a comment
                          End of June, unless someone else steps up. What have you put together dil/viller?? Constantine is a great boat race site. Our hosts love boat racing and this is a "boat racer" friendly location. If you have an alternative,please get your "bid"in front of the commissions in January. I suspect that you will enjoy Constantine greatly.

• DiGia54D
                          DiGia54D commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What s wrong with June? Most will have a winter nationals plus 1 or 2 races before June and July and August are Packed with races already. Plus because of this date they will probably have a full field of 500ccr's and 700ccr's since as of now it doesnt conflict with a USTS race

Here is Constantine, Michigan's race site... constantine michigan.PNG
                        Last edited by john527; 12-01-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Nice race site. Have run 500 and 1100r there many times. Awesome course, great pits, plenty places to eat there etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X