Moses Lake Nationals Announcement! TOW MONEY AND REGISTRATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses Lake Nationals Announcement! TOW MONEY AND REGISTRATION

Hello everyone, SOA would like to announce pre-registration for the 2014 SO/MOD/J nationals is up and running! Please go to the Seattle Outboard webpage (link below) and you will see a Moses Lake Nationals icon on the left side of the page. Please click that link and follow the instructions for registration. PAYPAL payment is available for paying for racing entries, camping, and banquet tickets! Please utilize this pre-registration process to make on-site registration easy and smooth!
    SOA is also pleased to announce to all racers that TOW MONEY will be provided at the 2014 SO/MOD/J nationals! The total amount will be based on entries. One payment per trailer. So the more boats ya bring the more you'll get back! This is something that could not have been done without our sponsors (Scott and Linda Carson especially)! We will be thoroughly thanking all of them during the coming months and during race week for their support of outboard boat racing in Moses Lake!

We're getting close to the big week (a little over 2 months away) and preparations are going well! SOA can't wait for everyone to make the trek west!
    Last edited by Racerkyle20; 05-20-2014, 12:13 AM.
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Well done Kyle, you guys are really doing this up right! You are doing a great job promoting and getting sponsorships. My hat is off to you!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Online registration is now open at http://www.seattleoutboard.org/. What is the cost per class?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
        Online registration is now open at http://www.seattleoutboard.org/. What is the cost per class?
        $60 a class. Here is the online APBA sanction:

https://www.apba.org/internal/print_...p?EditID=12339

And thanks for the previous comment too! It feels good working with a group of people with the same goal for this race!
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

You guys are doing a great job.. Folks don't realize how much work goes into putting on a race let alone a national event.. We can hardly wait to attend this week of fun and would love to help anywhere it is needed once we get there..
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

bump bump!

Comment

Sounds great Kyle. I think with all the planning going in to the Nationals event it's going to be a great success. This is the club's chance to really shine and show the kind of hospitality SOA is well noted for. I'm busy working on some prizes and hope I can lend a hand as required for the Nats. Two weeks booked off work in Aug ! Let's go racing !

Comment

BUMP

Keep those entries coming! Please pre-register so SOA can figure out our tow monies to give out! Also the last SOA local race had 24 CSH and 20 20ssh! I want to see over 40 CSH and 20ssh each at this nationals!

Again link to pre-reg is on SOA's webpage! Thanks everyone! Only 2 months away!

Kyle Bahl
                20-R

Comment

https://social.apba-racing.com/discu...1#Comment_3841

Please check out the race schedule for the 2014 Moses Lake Nationals. Only one month away! It's in a excel spreadsheet form on APBA social forum.

And again please pre-register! Thank you!
                  Last edited by Racerkyle20; 07-02-2014, 04:24 AM.
                  Kyle Bahl
                  20-R

Comment

I went to it but could not get it to open..

Comment

It's an excel spreadsheet. I am able to open fine from attachment. With such a big schedule that was easiest program to use....

I think you have to be logged into APBA site to view it. Thanks.
                      Last edited by Racerkyle20; 07-02-2014, 07:18 AM.
                      Kyle Bahl
                      20-R

Comment

• blueskyracer
                        blueskyracer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok I tried to join a couple months ago but they ok'd me but it never worked so I bagged it..

• Mrs blueskyracer
                        Mrs blueskyracer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kyle I posted it here as a PDF as since not everyone has excel, hope you don't mind.

Here is the schedule in a PDF format for those who can't get on the social site or can't open an excel file.

APBA Nationals Schedule.pdf

Comment

• Racerkyle20
                        Racerkyle20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! Glad for the help!

Call me the dumb guy but I have never had to do eliminations.. How does it work? If you dont do great the first time out are you finished?

Comment

• dt 01
                        dt 01 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Its 2 elim. Heats and if you make final then 2 heats of finals

• Racerkyle20
                        Racerkyle20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes per APBA rules at Nationals. There will be two elimination heats given to get into final. Then the Final is another two heats.

So let's say CSH will have 3 elimination heats (I'm actually now hoping for 4!). Each elim gets two heats or 6 total elim heats to get all 12 CSH into the final. But with div and previous year nationals champion pre qualifiers it's more like 8 spots for the bigger classes. Pretty fun way to do it.
                        Last edited by Racerkyle20; 07-03-2014, 05:13 AM.

Back in the day 12 boats would go to the final. There are pre qualifiers, last years winner plus divisional winners. So there might be 8 or 9;spots open in the final. If there are 40;entries you could have 4 eliminations and the top Two in each heat would go to the final. The rest are done.

Comment

Elims are fairly simple. You run a two heat format like a normal race. Overall results from the elims set the field for the finals. Example: take the 12 boat final field, subtract the number of people who are pre-qualified into the final. Let's say in this example there's only a defending champ. In that case there would be 11 spots open in the final. Let's say that there's enough boats to dictate running two elims. That means you would need a top 5 overall in your elim to advance, or be the fastest 6th place between the two elims. Hope that helps

Comment

• blueskyracer
                          blueskyracer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Mike.. I guess we need our A game.. I just need to learn that funky clock
                      Working...
                      X