American Outboard Federation winter nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Outboard Federation winter nats

AOF Winter nationals this week end (March 8=9). Come one, come all. Good time in Lake Placid at Lake Apthorpe. Ramada Inn is the motel. Mention AOF or cocktail boats. $25 for entire week end for AOF dues. Call if you have questions. If nothing else, come to test. Join for week end and test in race or before or after. All classes. Call if you need help. Carl B Staron 863-441-0238

Oh my Carl, wish we could come. That is the best race site ever. I can remember the first time we turned at the corner for "Cemetery Lake" and went down through the orange groves and bumpy road, then all of a sudden the music plays, you see a beautiful private lake, and you are in boat racing heaven. Have a good time and safe racing. Maybe we can get a USTS race there sometime.

Comment

Rooms at Ramada are going fast. Only a few left, but many other motels in either Lake Placid or Sebring. Let me know if you plan to camp. We will have to go over cross lake to my house. Also, Connie, some pro's might show, open to them. Get USTS to put on a laid back inexpensive AOF race here at lake Apthorpe. Even if only for testing. Would be fun. tell Brian to fly on down, I have some equipment for him to run this week end. He'd have some fun in the stock and mod. Might even make a racer of him. lololo

Comment

We had a fun weekend. There were B1 hydros and little bitty boats.
        The little ones are called cocktail cruisers. They race a road course on the water. They even stop in the middle of the course and talk to each other then race some more. Uncle Carl said they go 18 miles an hour. Joe raced one and it was funny. They came from as far as Pensylvania. /http://www.ccwbra.com/

We had a small driver school and one of the cruiser guys tried my formula A runabout. He said he is going to buy one and race.

We also had a few hours of testing. I love the osy400
        Attached Files
        Last edited by AmyF132; 03-10-2014, 02:22 PM.
        Amy Waterson
        132F
        20SSH
        OSY400

sigpic
        Photo by Mrs. Augustine

Comment

Osy

Hi Amy, putting together an OSY myself; have you got some pics of your rig & a story of it. Thanks. Lester.

Comment

This is my brother Joe's C hydro. It was built by Mr. Bill Giles from Massachusetts. The motor is a Yamato. Joe can race it in C hydro and I can race it in 20SS with a restrictor plate. If we take out the plate and a whole lot of lead we can race it as OSY400. I don't know the measurements of the boat, I would have to ask Joe.

We can race it in different classes in American Outboard Federation and National Boat Racing Association too.
            Attached Files
            Amy Waterson
            132F
            20SSH
            OSY400

sigpic
            Photo by Mrs. Augustine

Comment

Osy

Thanks Amy, you sound a delightful young woman. Always look ahead, the future approaches us far quicker than we ever anticipated.

Comment

Working...
              X