2012 Modified Outboard Nationals Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Modified Outboard Nationals Update

The Mod Nationals will be held August 9th thru August 12th at Greensport Marina located just outside of Rainbow City, Alabama. August the 9th is a test day and the 10th thru the 12th will be eliminations and racing. Permits from the state have been obtained since the first of the year. Everything is going great and plan to have a lot of fun at this years Nationals. I am very pleased that Etowah County Tourism Board will be a sponsor again as they were in 2010 for the Winter Nationals which with their help was a huge SUCCESS! I could not do this event if it were not for their help. So a huge Thank You to the Etowah County Tourism Board! I am also pleased that the Hampton Inn will be the race headquarters again this year. The phone number for the Hampton is 256-546-2337 or you can go to the Hampton Inn website and put in the city and a 3 letter code of APB for reservations. The rate is $79.00 a night for the racers. We will do a taste of the regions and have reserved the island for that. There is electricty to the Island. Looking forward to see what will be cooked up for that.

All Mod classes will be run also the North American Championships for all 4 J classes will be run.
    For the stock racers, I would like to add some stock classes to the schedule so I would like some feed back from you on what classes to run. For those who want to see what they missed in 2010.

Officials:
    Referee; Howie Nichols
    Asst Ref; Dave Augustine
    Chief Scorer; Donna Roskowski

Inspector; Jeff Williams

Race Dir; Jeff Carter

I will be posting new info as we go, so I wish everyone a succesful racing season.

Thank You
    Jeff Carter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jeff34f; 05-14-2012, 03:31 PM.

Stock Classes @ Rainbow City, Alabama

We have decided to schedule all stock classes at Rainbow City, this will give the ones that run both the opportunity to race more. As well to get some testing in for the stock and mod combined nationals in 2013. If there are classes with less than 4 boats we will combine them. Dont miss this beatiful place and some of the best water in the country to race on.
    Just ask the ones that were here for the 2010 mod winter nationals.

Jeff Carter
    Last edited by jeff34f; 05-15-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Rainbow City

Great work Jeff..........looking forward to a fantastic event!!

Matt and Val

Comment

Thanks so much for all of your hard work Jeff!! This was a great event for the Winter Nationals and I'm sure it will be again. Really looking forward to it!!

Comment

Camping

I think I remember they allow camping in the pits for a small fee. Weather should be great for camping at this time and am sure we will all have a great time. Thanks Jeff for all the hard work!

Comment

Sorry--I absolutely hate being negative and certainly have NO experience on the water but have attended quite a few Mod Nationals. I have seen the Mods sit and wait for stock classes to run when it is a Mod National. Racers come a LONG way to get their racing in. Are the mods going to be a fill in or are the mods going to get the water first? OK--blow me away. It seems this forum can't have adult conversations without a lot of defensive attitudes. Just saying--I am starting to feel really bad for our mod guys/gals.

Comment

It is the MOD Natl's and J/AX NAC's so they will be the priority. Some Stock classes may be mixed into the schedule so the MOD classes aren't all stacked on top of each other and it makes time for changes/repairs.

The feeling was many MOD drivers also have Stock rigs, this way they get more bang for their travel buck. It will also help the local promoter in proving his show to the sponsors and get even larger support for next year.
              444-B now 4-F
              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Yep

Well said Howie..............you should run for political office!!

See you at Hinton where the Stocks, MODS and PROS will ALL be together making it happen........the way it should be!! Racing Fan, come on down to Hinton and see how we can all run together and get er done!!

Comment

Matt-I will try. Again I love to see everything run but have walked away totally confused when the Mods are out last to run (I realize the Mods bring in the spectators so let's hold them off until the end of the schedule). But this is when it should be taken into consideration of the distance some of these guys travel. Again, to me--a Mod National is just that--a Mod National. If is a case about local promoter proving his show to the sponsors than bid for the "whole show". JMHO.

Comment

The whole show is suposed to be there next year. With the boat count down as it is now for many reasons you pretty much have to include Stocks, mods and pros at every race or not have a race. just sayin.
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Well.........$$$$$$.

Originally posted by Racing Fan View Post
                      Matt-I will try. Again, to me--a Mod National is just that--a Mod National. If is a case about local promoter proving his show to the sponsors than bid for the "whole show". JMHO.
                      Before the first trailer pulls into rainbow city, jeff carter (promoter) will have over 10K in costs committed.........land rental, APBA Sanction and insurance, ambulance,porta jons,awards. etc etc. Even with the J Classes and Stocks as 'fillers' it will be hard to break even on the event!!.... it bothers me as a APBA Commissioner in the Stock Division to see 'seperate' National Championships!!

A lot of folks 'crossover' and run stock/ MOD and J Classes and we should all work together to have our premire event TOGETHER.

I was ashamed a couple years back when the SORC voted to go to Grass Lake for a stand alone Stock Nationals for 2012. The Whitney Point club proposed a excellent combined Stock/MOD J Class bid and we were outvoted and hence the MODS wound up in rainbow city. Now BOATRACERS are forced to make a decision on which event to attend and we have once again shot ourselves in the foot.

But alas, i am just one opinion. I am sure the few Stock Classes run at rainbow city will noy interfer with your program. The race officials involved are to good and won't let that happen.

Maybe one day STOCK/MOD and J Class Commissioners will look at kneeldown racing as ONE. Until then i think we will always be scrambling........

Stay thirsty my Racing friend!!

Comment

I agree Matt--count is down dramatically. it is a shame. Just a great sport; good people and a lot of hard workers trying to keep this thing going. Just saying--I hope to see the mods get their racing in. And, I hope to see some good mod racing at the Stock Nationals. Hoping everyone has a safe racing season!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post

Maybe one day STOCK/MOD and J Class Commissioners will look at kneeldown racing as ONE. Until then i think we will always be scrambling........
                          I agree with what I think you're saying Matt, Stock and MOD should be combined into one APBA category. There aren't enough racers and support in either to justify two separate categories. Separate CLASSES, same category.
                          Just think how much we'd save in membership fees...

Comment

Before the first trailer pulls into rainbow city, jeff carter (promoter) will have over 10K in costs committed.........land rental, APBA Sanction and insurance, ambulance,porta jons,awards. etc etc. Even with the J Classes and Stocks as 'fillers' it will be hard to break even on the event!!.... it bothers me as a APBA Commissioner in the Stock Division to see 'seperate' National Championships!!

A lot of folks 'crossover' and run stock/ MOD and J Classes and we should all work together to have our premire event TOGETHER.

I was ashamed a couple years back when the SORC voted to go to Grass Lake for a stand alone Stock Nationals for 2012. The Whitney Point club proposed a excellent combined Stock/MOD J Class bid and we were outvoted and hence the MODS wound up in rainbow city. Now BOATRACERS are forced to make a decision on which event to attend and we have once again shot ourselves in the foot.

But alas, i am just one opinion. I am sure the few Stock Classes run at rainbow city will noy interfer with your program. The race officials involved are to good and won't let that happen.

well said Matt!!!!! I have a couple DECENT stock rigs and a couple DECENT mod rigs and am being forced to make a decision on which event to attend and STOCK is the answer.......just being the fact that the majority of the boats on our team are stock, but would have been excited to attend both, but taking the extra time off work and the extra mileage to get to both (heck, even throw in the PRO Nats) just isn't financially feesible...........

atleast 2013 and 2014 are combined STOCK/MOD/J events...........of which it should be.........
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I was really glad as the 2014 Moses Lake Race chair to get the Stocks/Juniors to come back AND the mods to join! Hopefully we can continue this beyond 14'. Good luck to the Alabama guys this year. I hope I can make the 2013 nats (who am i kidding, i'll be there! LOL).
                              Kyle Bahl
                              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Working...
                              X