Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StockOutboard TV - Wakefield update

All,

StockOutboard TV would like to thank, in no particular order, the following people who contributed in some way to last week's live video streaming of the Nationals at Wakefield:

- The SORC for their foresight and funding in the SOTV Pilot Program this season. To date, the project is under budget, and last week showed everyone who tuned in, what the potential of this can be.

- Richard Hearn for the generous use of his unlimited data package, Verizon MiFi hub. For those of you who wonder, Verizon wireless is alive and well in the U.P....with servicable 3G coverage in the Wakefield area.

- Grant Hearn and Tori Chew for letting us make off with the hub from Richard. We appreciate the sacrifice you kids made for the betterment of outboard racing promotion.

- Our entire Broadcast Crew...anybody who helped at the Broadcast Table, particularly Kelly Hannon who made it her own, did great camera work, and ruthlessly berated anyone standing in the way of the camera.

- BSOA, and Race Committee members Davey Hemp and John Evans, who provided us with anything we needed, quickly. You guys ROCKED!

- Richard Runne for loaning us an extra large EZ-Up folding canopy that went over our Broadcast Area and kept us from frying the electronics in the sun.

- Most of all, all of the people who tuned in and watched any or all of our streaming. Many people have asked me, 'how many viewers did we have?' Here's the metrics for last week:

Period: August 2, 2011 - August 8, 2011
    Breakdown
    Days
    August 2, 2011- 385 Unique viewers; 376 Viewer hours
    August 3, 2011- 577 Unique Viewers; 930 Viewer hours
    August 4, 2011- 593 Unique Viewers; 992 Viewer hours
    August 5, 2011- 458 Unique Viewers; 724 Viewer hours

Total Days 2,013 Unique viewers; 3,022 Viewer hours

It's nice to know we were watched.

Thank you,

R-19
    Last edited by sponsonhead; 08-08-2011, 04:05 PM.
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Pat and everyone involved thanks so much for the effort. I did my part by posting the following on HRTV everyday that you went live.

HydroRacer TV
    I'm watching StockOutboardTV's live broadcast from Wakefield, MI on @Ustream! Come join me http://t.co/BX98o2U !
    1,599 Impressions • 0.06% Feedback
    Friday at 10:42am via Twitter • Like • • @HydroRacerTV on Twitter

I'm watching StockOutboardTV's live broadcast from Wakefield, MI on @Ustream! Come join me http://t.co/BX98o2U !
    1,164 Impressions · 0.09% Feedback
    August 4 at 11:41am via Twitter · Like · · @HydroRacerTV on Twitter

I'm watching StockOutboardTV's live broadcast from Wakefield, MI @Ustream! Come join me http://t.co/BX98o2U !
    1,173 Impressions · 0.26% Feedback
    August 3 at 12:11pm via Twitter · Like · · @HydroRacerTV on Twitter

HydroRacer TV
    1,117 Impressions · 0.27% Feedback
    August 2 at 11:49am via Twitter · Like · · @HydroRacerTV on Twitter

As you can see the post was shown to roughly 1,000 people with a peak of 1,599 on the final day. Now here is where folks will say Dan is being an ass again so please listen before you start screaming he is a nut case.
    All these numbers are well and good but there should really be a survey to see how many of these numbers are from the outside world meaning non racers and their families. This is the demographic that you need to reach not just a broadcast for racers.
    In order for this project to be a successful one you need a rookie racer from the outside world to chime in and say he or she was hooked when a friend told them to watch the broadcast. In other words we need to get the message outside of the inner circles of HRNET which is exactly why I created HRTV on the Facebook side which tends to be viewed a bit more by non racers etc.. The real folks who should tune in.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

FYI

All Facebook pages have a decent analytics tool built right in, HRNET should be using Google Analytics

http://www.google.com/analytics/
    Last edited by HRTV; 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Live Stream

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
      All,

StockOutboard TV would like to thank, in no particular order, the following people who contributed in some way to last week's live video streaming of the Nationals at Wakefield:

- The SORC for their foresight and funding in the SOTV Pilot Program this season. To date, the project is under budget, and last week showed everyone who tuned in, what the potential of this can be.

- Richard Hearn for the generous use of his unlimited data package, Verizon MiFi hub. For those of you who wonder, Verizon wireless is alive and well in the U.P....with servicable 3G coverage in the Wakefield area.

- Grant Hearn and Tori Chew for letting us make off with the hub from Richard. We appreciate the sacrifice you kids made for the betterment of outboard racing promotion.

And it was great as was Kelle- Our entire Broadcast Crew...anybody who helped at the Broadcast Table, particularly Kelly Hannon who made it her own, did great camera work, and ruthlessly berated anyone standing in the way of the camera.

- BSOA, and Race Committee members Davey Hemp and John Evans, who provided us with anything we needed, quickly. You guys ROCKED!

- Richard Runne for loaning us an extra large EZ-Up folding canopy that went over our Broadcast Area and kept us from frying the electronics in the sun.

- Most of all, all of the people who tuned in and watched any or all of our streaming. Many people have sked me, 'how many viewers did we have?' Here's the metrics for last week:

Period: August 2, 2011 - August 8, 2011
      Breakdown
      Days
      August 2, 2011- 385 Unique viewers; 376 Viewer hours
      August 3, 2011- 577 Unique Viewers; 930 Viewer hours
      August 4, 2011- 593 Unique Viewers; 992 Viewer hours
      August 5, 2011- 458 Unique Viewers; 724 Viewer hours

Total Days 2,013 Unique viewers; 3,022 Viewer hours

It's nice to know we were watched.

Thank you,

R-19
      And it was great for those that weren't there. Kelly was great too, she even said "thank you" after telling those to move that did. The only improvement comment that I have is to Kelly or someone with a head set tuned to the judges stand so that an accurate statement of the finishers & positions as well as how they finished overall. There were some as they could hear the announcer, but a link to the judges stand would help.

Thanks again for the fine work.

Comment

Where can we buy a CD of the races? I know they were for sale at the VFW.
        Some one was selling them in advance but I forgot to buy one.

Tim
        Tim Weber

Comment

Pat & Kelly thank you for making sure this happened at Wakefield. I know if I could not get the week off from work I would have loved to watch the live feed. Glad we were able to provide some live coverage for those that were not there.

Dan, I 100% agree with you. While it’s nice to allow our inner circle watch we need to figure out how we can touch the newbie and be able to track that.
          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Archived videos?

Are the videos archived so that we can we log onto a site and watch the races??

- Mike

Comment

How did the PRO Nationals viewer compare to the Stock\Mod National viewers? Just wondering

Comment

Videos

I had the same question as Mike P.....are the videos going to be available?

Comment

Video

To whom it may concern,

I think the job that was done by the people available was outstanding. I can say I have never been so excited to log onto my computer to watch anything as much as I was to watch nationals. Seeing the drivers trying to hit noon was the coolest thing ever knowing it was live!

For constructive crititsicm I would say elevate the video platform and incorporate the jugdes comentary into the feed, but I'm not complaining. It was great! Thank you to all who were involved with making nationals a live event that we could all enjoy without being there.

Just as a side note I am a third generation racer who would love to get back into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post
                    Where can we buy a CD of the races? I know they were for sale at the VFW.
                    Some one was selling them in advance but I forgot to buy one.

Tim
                    Was that a new boat I saw you in?
                    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Thank you for providing fantastic coverage. I was lamenting not being able to attend, but the coverage was almost like being there.

I was able to see friends that I have not seen in years.

Keep up the great work!
                      Engler Custom Paintball Guns

click here for our website

Comment

I was also unable to attend. Thank you SORC, Pat, Richard, Kelly and others who made this happen. It was great to be able to watch what I was missing and see my brother and friends race. The finals were as intense as it gets. I had the link on the main page at www.stockoutboard.com all week.

As Pat said, I think this is a good step forward in promoting our sport. We do need to look at all avenues in order to reach new people in the future. Any and all ideas people posting here are worthy.

Thanks again,
                        Jerry Brewster
                        www.trora.com

Comment

I would like to thank you Pat and Kelly for everything for both races. I watched as much as i could. Wish i could have been there, But you made it like I was. Thanks for all your work
                          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Big Thanks

Big Thank you to all involved from those of us stuck at work.

Watching all the action eased the pain of not being there. No complaints about anything.
                            Brian 10s

Comment

Pat had all the heats recorded on to his jump drive. He is in the process of putting all the heats together and making them available to watch soon. I actually just watched final heat's of CSR!
                              Kyle Bahl
                              20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Working...
                              X