Legal pump gas......jesup, ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal pump gas......jesup, ga

Anyone coming from the North down Interstate 95 there is ethanol free (93 octane) ONLY pump gas at the following location just off 95.

Delmae Grocery
    900 S. Cashua Dr
    Florence, SC 29501
    843-669-0665 (Barry)

ONLY THE 93 OCTANE IS ETHANOL FREE!!!! PUMP IS ON 24 HOURS FOR CREDIT PURCHASE AFTER HOURS.

See puregas.org for national listings of ethanol free gas.

Gas

Bump..............

Comment

word to the wise

Don't take all the notices about places to buy ethanol free gas on "pure gas . org" as gospel. From PERSONAL EXPERIENCE those lists are made up and posted by the general public, and can be out of date, or not correct to start with.

If you depend on this information on this site to guarantee the availability of ethanol free gas, and a penalty free race weekend, you do so at your own risk, as it can be out of date and also incorrect for a multitude of reasons. It would be best to have a backup plan from my own experience.

CLARIFICATION: I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE PLACE MATT POSTED, ONLY THE INFORMATION FROM PURE GAS.ORG.

Comment

Well said..............

Originally posted by bill van steenwyk View Post
        Don't take all the notices about places to buy ethanol free gas on "pure gas . org" as gospel. From PERSONAL EXPERIENCE those lists are made up and posted by the general public, and can be out of date, or not correct to start with.

If you depend on this information on this site to guarantee the availability of ethanol free gas, and a penalty free race weekend, you do so at your own risk, as it can be out of date and also incorrect for a multitude of reasons. It would be best to have a backup plan from my own experience.

CLARIFICATION: I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE PLACE MATT POSTED, ONLY THE INFORMATION FROM PURE GAS.ORG.
        Bill
        I called the station to verify what i posted. However i put the phone number and info out there so interested parties can call and establish their own comfort level.
        You are right, most of the info on pure-gas.org is generated by customers. But it a great starting point and yes it is buyer beware!!........
        Matt

Comment

...has it not occurred to any of the policy makers that this "legal gas" thing is getting ridiculous.Other than being hard on equipment,what earthly difference would it make if the locally available ethanol gas was ok to use? It has become the fuel of the land,like it or not.Hauling cans of gas is one more dis-incentive to travel and can be dangerous.

Comment

Because allowing ethanol gas makes it virtually impossible to police other power boosting additives, that's why.

But there are some even harder to detect additives as well.

If APBA declared free-for-all on gas, nitromethane would rule the day

Comment

Matt:

Just so there is no misunderstanding:

I meant no criticism about your post about puregas.org. It is a good starting point but when I used it last summer on a fishing trip to reference ethanol free stations for gas for my bass boat, I found that 7 out of the 8 listed at my destination were not correct. Had I known that to start with, I would have filled up at home with gas I was sure of, but not wanting to carry 40 gallons of gas 400 miles and accept even more of a gas mileage penalty with gas prices what they were and 12 MPG with my tow vehicle, I used the site for the first time. What I found when trying to purchase from the stations listed, was pumps that did not have any information on them about the percentage of ethanol, much less 10%, and attendants that were ignorant of what ethanol was, much less how much might be present.
              I have found that Marinas at lakes are a good source for ethanol free gas, as they know the problems associated with it and are trying to keep their customers happy by not contributing to the problem and getting gas from their distributors before the ethanol is added when the delivery truck is filled. That is supposedly where and how the ethanol is added to the gas, prior to delivery to the retail outlet. You have to be careful there also though.

The ethanol laced gas these days has far more problems than just a possible disqualification at a boat race. There is much information out there about the problems in all kinds of vehicles that ethanol causes at 10%, much less the 15% that has just recently been approved by EPA.

Having not been involved with the stock category for MANY years, I am sure some would suggest I keep my nose out of this discussion, but as Hunter so correctly points out, the use of ethanol laced gas is wide spread now, and based on EPA mandates and the help of the Corn lobby, is only going to get more so. Gas of the day would seem to be something worth investigating, except for those of course who have an ethanol free source readily available, and don't care or wish to add to others problems.

With all the threads on HR these days regards the tough times that STOCK is having these days regards boat count, participants, etc., it seems the category is only shooting itself further up the ankle by not making it as easy as possible to overcome the fuel meter problem. Fuel of the day would seem to offer some reasonable, cost effective possibilities, unless there is something here I don't understand or am missing.

Anyway, Good Luck at Jessup, to all who make the trip in these trying times.

Comment

...well said Bill. And if the cops can test for alcohol levels with a breathalyser,it ain't rocket science to test gas for ethanol content.Granted,it might require a different gadget. Sadly ,this stuff is hell on 2 strokes. Still, I am not looking forward to hauling fuel 1500 miles for the gas hog I run.Is there an airport near Jessup where we can buy av gas ??

Comment

RACING FUELS exit 164

Not far from were Matt is talking about, less than a half mile off 95 is vp racing fuel. For all the info go to page 9 of the mod winters nats roll call and see my post with all details and website ronniehowellmotorspots.com .

Comment

Hunter, the current "gadget" does basically test ethanol content by conductivity.

The problem is that ethanol is not the only thing that is conductive.

If the only rule was fuel has to be a certain number on the conductivity scale, cheaters could start with -70 and dope their fuel with nitromethane until it reached the same reading allowed for that day's ethanol.

There isn't really a reasonable, quick, inexpensive test to determine if the conductive additive would be legal ethanol or something more potent - that's where the problem lies, and yes, it would be rocket science ... to develop that tester you want and make it affordable and quick.

Comment

Like most anything to keep folks legal, it doesn't look easy, but it looks doable.

Would take a "fuel of the day supplier" and changes in fuel handling technique by both the racers and the organizer, plus a fuel supplier that all could use and trust for quality.

See the following site:

enginefueltest.com/index_sub4.html

ADD: Information on the Digitron web site seems to indicate that a "test or calibration" fluid of some type is available to allow checking to see if the "fuel of the day" rule is being violated, once that fuel has been checked/tested and calibrated. Looks like it has to be done before mixing the oil though.
                      Last edited by bill van steenwyk; 03-31-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

and ... gas that works best in a J or A or C stock ... won't run one of my mod motors one lap without destroying my engine ...

More than one fuel would have to be supplied

Comment

The Can

VP-C12 out of the can. Modern Loopers love it.
                          Anthony McCulloch
                          modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change
                          sigpic
                          They want it cheap

Comment

Working...
                          X