New JH & JR Rule DONT FORGET!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JH & JR Rule DONT FORGET!!!!

New JH and JR rule DONT FORGET!!!! I just saw this was posted on the APBA website. Get the rulers out and don't get thrown out. Mikey

Correction to 2010 Junior Class rules
    Monday, March 1, 2010
    The Junior Classes Committee made a change to Safety Rule 3.1 that was intended to only include JH and JR. Committee members who were at that part of the meeting agree that there was no intent to include the AXS classes. The rule needs to be worded as follows and the change needs to be effective immediately.

Safety Rule 3

1. Junior classes have limitations on where the engine’s propshaft may be mounted. The distance between the center of the propshaft at its aft end, and the planning surface, must be no less than 1 3/4” for Junior Hydro and Junior Runabout; and 1 3/8” for AXS Hydro and AXS Runabout. The planing surface shall be flat (with a tolerance of 1/16 inch for inspection purposes) transversely between the air traps and forward for 18”.
    Last edited by mike ross; 03-10-2010, 06:41 AM.
    mike ross

Looks like the ASXH and ASXR have a dimension also.
    mike ross

Comment

I do not think any tech rules can be implemented without being published in an edition of The Propeller ... thats an old APBA rule

So ... the currently published rule is in effect at least until a change or clarification is published
      Last edited by sam; 03-10-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

here is what the apba website listed:

Correction to 2010 Junior Class rules
        Monday, March 1, 2010
        The Junior Classes Committee made a change to Safety Rule 3.1 that was intended to only include JH and JR. Committee members who were at that part of the meeting agree that there was no intent to include the AXS classes. The rule needs to be worded as follows and the change needs to be effective immediately.

Safety Rule 3
        mike ross

Comment

The rule change was approved by the APBA Board to be effective in 30 days. The change was made to the rules and published on the APBA website in time to be effective for Ocoee. The clarification was made later when it was realized that the AXS classes were included in the rule and that was not the intent.

In summary:
          The rule as written in the clarification will be effective for the Ocoee race this weekend.
          The information on the APBA web site is correct.

Buddy Tennell

Comment

Now let's sit back and see who is the first to change their boat to optimize the new height requirement.

Comment

My Bet is on !

Originally posted by Team B&H View Post
              Now let's sit back and see who is the first to change their boat to optimize the new height requirement.
              Sam Hemp !!! Well at least his reccomendation to someone using a B&H boat. Just a hunch though. It would be foolish of people if they thought nobody would try to make a change to essentially remove the rule. Just like they did height.....
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

It's time..............

Maybe it's time for the Hemp's to have another little one so Sam can get back in the J Game!! It's never to late!

Comment

Sorry Matt, that's a physical impossibility now from both sides.

Actually my first report is from a runabout that the new height makes the boat want to porpoise more; something I'm not totally sure of what I'd change. Maybe kick out more? But I do know what I'd change for the new height on a hydro, it's just a matter of how much.

Comment

Sorry Matt, that's a physical impossibility now from both sides.

Actually my first report is from a runabout that the new height makes the boat want to porpoise more; something I'm not totally sure of what I'd change. Maybe kick out more? But I do know what I'd change for the new height on a hydro, it's just a matter of how much.
                    Insetting the transom? More lift, or deeper airtraps? Close?

Comment

Working...
                    X