Top O friends please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top O friends please read.

This is a letter my Dad has written and sent to his friends and family concerning his health. I thought our boat racing family should also read this.

Mike Jodway

To my friends and family from Bill Jodway,

In 2007, all of my get up and go, got up and left, as I became more tired. I began to worry about my health. At first, I thought it was just a part of getting old. I was tired all of the time. I put the boat in the water but all I did with it was take it from the marina to the cottage and back. I knew I had a problem so I saw a doctor and started to have some tests. In 2008, things got bad and I had more and more tests but only got worse. I began to see various doctors in different areas of specialties that sent me through a serious of different medical tests. I did not even put the boat in the water that summer. No one could find out what was wrong, but knew there was a problem as I was losing weight and getting frail. I saw one doctor after another and sent through one test after another. In November, I was getting considerable worse. One doctor said, "I give up," and sent me and my entire medical file to University of Michigan neurololgy/research department. "Thank God for this doctor!" They met with me sooner than I expected and thought that I had a rare disease called dermatomyositis. However, I had to go through several biopsies to prove that is what I had. Unfortunatlely, on Christmas Day, I was very weak from not eating properly that I had a diabetic crash. Roseanne had to cal 911. I ended up at Beaumont Hospital, but requested to be transferred to the U of M Hospital because they had all of my medical records. I was in the hospital for three days. They confirmed that I had dermatomyositis, and began to treat it with heavy steroids and other medications (this disease is not curable, but it is treatable.) Check out this disease on the Mayo clinic website if interested. Many docotors have heard of this disease but never saw any one with it. I've lost over 50 pounds since this started. Currently, trying to build back my muscles and strength back (this will take several months.) I'm walking with a walker and having difficulty eating still. Roseanne is taking some time off work to be home with me. I'm not working at Sears right now, but hope to go back to work some day soom (early spring). This disease is in the trunk muscles, skin, swallowing, holding my head up and breathing. They say I will always have this disease. Well, that's the story, I hope 2009 will be a better year. When this started, I weighed 225lbs. I now weigh 161lbs. This could be good. Well, let me know how you all are doing.

Bill

You're Dad

Originally posted by flagjumper View Post
    This is a letter my Dad has written and sent to his friends and family concerning his health. I thought our boat racing family should also read this.

Mike Jodway

To my friends and family from Bill Jodway,

In 2007, all of my get up and go, got up and left, as I became more tired. I began to worry about my health. At first, I thought it was just a part of getting old. I was tired all of the time. I put the boat in the water but all I did with it was take it from the marina to the cottage and back. I knew I had a problem so I saw a doctor and started to have some tests. In 2008, things got bad and I had more and more tests but only got worse. I began to see various doctors in different areas of specialties that sent me through a serious of different medical tests. I did not even put the boat in the water that summer. No one could find out what was wrong, but knew there was a problem as I was losing weight and getting frail. I saw one doctor after another and sent through one test after another. In November, I was getting considerable worse. One doctor said, "I give up," and sent me and my entire medical file to University of Michigan neurololgy/research department. "Thank God for this doctor!" They met with me sooner than I expected and thought that I had a rare disease called dermatomyositis. However, I had to go through several biopsies to prove that is what I had. Unfortunatlely, on Christmas Day, I was very weak from not eating properly that I had a diabetic crash. Roseanne had to cal 911. I ended up at Beaumont Hospital, but requested to be transferred to the U of M Hospital because they had all of my medical records. I was in the hospital for three days. They confirmed that I had dermatomyositis, and began to treat it with heavy steroids and other medications (this disease is not curable, but it is treatable.) Check out this disease on the Mayo clinic website if interested. Many docotors have heard of this disease but never saw any one with it. I've lost over 50 pounds since this started. Currently, trying to build back my muscles and strength back (this will take several months.) I'm walking with a walker and having difficulty eating still. Roseanne is taking some time off work to be home with me. I'm not working at Sears right now, but hope to go back to work some day soom (early spring). This disease is in the trunk muscles, skin, swallowing, holding my head up and breathing. They say I will always have this disease. Well, that's the story, I hope 2009 will be a better year. When this started, I weighed 225lbs. I now weigh 161lbs. This could be good. Well, let me know how you all are doing.

Bill

Mike, Tell you're Dad to stay strong!!! He has a lot of Outlaws pulling for him with thoughts and prayers.

Gootz
    Last edited by Gootz 142M; 02-17-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update Mikey... keep us posted on how things are going. Tell your dad that my thoughts and prayer are with him.

Comment

Thanks guys. My dad has read your comments. Just a quick update. He had a set back tonight. He is at U of M Hospital emergency room with phnomnia (I know this is spelled wrong, but you get the idea). I'll keep you posted.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Keep us posted on your Dad's status.

Gootz

Comment

Mike...just got back on line and read of your dad's health problems. Please tell him that me and the whole Top O clan are thinking of him. Keep us posted on his progress.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X