Grass Lake is ready, are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Lake is ready, are you?

The City of Grass Lake is ready, are you?

A few things about the Nationals…..

1. If you have not registered your trailer you are very late, we have limited pit spaces left available (over 110 are registered). We will fit you in somewhere, but if you want a spot when you arrive you need to register your trailer at: http://michiganhydroplane.com/GrassL...istration.html

We have not heard from the following people who typically attend the Nationals. We are not trying to call anyone out, but we want to make sure we have a spot for you if you plan on coming.

Steve Wilde
    Scott Read
    Charlie Gonyea
    Pinner

2. You do not need to pack the motor home full of food. We have scheduled a family dinner for every night of the Nationals. The dinners are as follows: (cost is approximate, and kid pricing will be available)

Monday –Sportsmans Club/Drivers meeting – Grilled Chicken Dinner $13.00
    Tuesday – Party in Applecreek campground – Spaghetti Dinner $10.00
    Wed. – MHRA/Wild Ones party at Brinkmans – Pizza, Beer, Sodas- FREE
    Thurs. – Qualifiers Banquet – Lady of Fatima – Cajun Fish Fry $10.00
    Friday – Grass Lake Street Party – Tickets purchased for food and beer at street party
    Sat. – Finals Banquet- Eagles Club - $20.00

We will also have a full concession stand running all day in the pits with a rotating menu, and breakfast sandwiches. Grass Lake is going to make sure we have good food available every day.

3. Parking space is very limited. There will be no motor home parking in the pits. Motor homes will be parked .7 miles away from the pits. We are attempting to run a water shuttle from the motor home parking to the pits everyday for your convenience.

4. We are going to have things to do for all ages including:
    Golf outing – Sunday
    Trap Shooting – Monday
    Small informal kid carnival (ten games and cheesy prizes) and a bounce house – Tuesday
    Video Games at dinners– Tues. through Thursday
    Cardboard boat race- Saturday
    Possibly a Guitar hero tournament if we have enough interest
    Possibly a volleyball tournament if we have enough interest

5. We will run a Runabout marathon following the conclusion of short course racing. Entry fee will be minimal, you will be able to show up and register on Saturday and classes with five boats will win a Bulova watch!

6. You will have a great time!

Thanks,
    Dean Sutherland
    MHRA Commodore

P.S. the pictures below are of the MHRA entry in the 4th of July parade!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by csh12M; 07-14-2009, 07:38 PM.

Pictures relocated below
    Attached Files

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Dean,
      We registered via web site over a month ago but recieved no confirmation. I assume it was received .... but resubmitted in case it wasn't.

Dan

Byrne Bros Racing.

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
      The City of Grass Lake is ready, are you?

A few things about the Nationals…..

1. If you have not registered your trailer you are very late, we have limited pit spaces left available (over 110 are registered). We will fit you in somewhere, but if you want a spot when you arrive you need to register your trailer at: http://michiganhydroplane.com/GrassL...istration.html

We have not heard from the following people who typically attend the Nationals. We are not trying to call anyone out, but we want to make sure we have a spot for you if you plan on coming.

Thanks,
      Dean Sutherland
      MHRA Commodore

P.S. the pictures below are of the MHRA entry in the 4th of July parade!
      Last edited by drbyrne55; 07-14-2009, 07:58 AM.
      BOPP

Comment

where are the cars to park?

Comment

Questions

Has a schedule been determined? If so can it be posted on Hydroracer?

The sanction states "no trailers in pits before 3:00pm on 7/25". The MHRA web site has trailer move in starting at noon on 7/25, which is correct?

Comment

is there any way to check on boat trailer registration?
            I registered for 2 boat trailer sites, one for Gene Schertz, and one for Chicago Paul.

Give me another ten years and I might be ready!
            Gene Schertz 26V
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll
            Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Pit Assignments

Jordan Swain signed us all up about a month ago thru the Website so that we would all be pitted together. Team Red, Jordy and Jesse, Davey Hemp, Jon Evans, etc.... I just sent them all a shout out, so hopefully we can get this handled.

Thank you for the heads up.

She
              Member - Team Red

Looking forward to feeling better later!

Go big or go home!

2nd Sux!

"Sorry For Partying"

Comment

Circular............

Where is the 'hard copy' of the race circular?? Many many people don't have computer access and would no doubt be more in the loop if the race circular were in hand.................maybe my mailman delivered mine to the wrong adress!

See you at Zanesville and the Grass Lake!

Matt & Val

Comment

circular

I never recieved the APBA circular via USPS (Florida zip code). Good point Matt.

Comment

Matt,

While your post might be in jest I disagree with the second part of your statement since the latest statistics show that the number of house holds with computer access has jumped significantly over the last few years.

2003:
                    Sixty-two million U.S. households, or 55 percent of American homes, had a Web-connected computer in 2003, according to just-released U.S. Census data. That’s up from 50 percent in 2001, and more than triple 1997’s 18 percent figure.

This was 2004:

THREE OUT OF FOUR AMERICANS HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET,
                    ACCORDING TO NIELSEN//NETRATINGS
                    Online Population Surges Past 200 Million Mark for the First Time

Factors That Influence Internet Connection Type
                    According to Nielsen Claritas Convergence audit, 67% of American homes with a PC have access to high-speed Internet service. Around 11% of them are subscribed to dial-up connection. The following are some factors that were found to influence the type of Internet connection an American home possesses.

• Education level: Major part of households with a high-speed Internet service is with their HOH at least possessing some college certificate or higher. Around three-quarters of homes with a college graduate as HOH have a high-speed Internet connection. Education level is also a motivating aspect for possession of an Internet connection.

• Combined home annual income: Income also seems to be one of the major factors influencing the possession of an Internet service. In the survey, it was found that around 56% of homes with a combined annual income of less than $40K do not have any Internet connection.

Age: Over 78% of people between age group of 18-34 have access to high-speed Internet service. The percentage of people who possessed a PC but do not have any kind of Internet connection, seemed to increase along with the age group. In the age group of 18-34 - around 12% of them did not have Internet access, while it is 40% in case of people in age group of 65+.

The comparably lesser PC penetration stands as the major challenge in extending Internet access to all US households. Other challenges include low education levels and low household incomes. However, the overall percentage of people who do not have any type of Internet connection at home decreased from 26% in December 2007 to 23% in December 2008
                    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Fronce View Post
                      I never recieved the APBA circular via USPS (Florida zip code). Good point Matt.
                      US Mail? I thought they went under years ago Phil you are online you dont need a hard copy
                      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

If you would go the the APBA web and go to resources then to Sanction mailing fees you will note that for the US mailing fees for a National Event for Stock/J is over $800.That is a hard hit for a club to mail out the circular. Not APBA's fault.
                        bill b

Comment

Dean we are not going to make it to Grass Lake this year. The scheduling confilict lost me this year to Depue. Hopefully it won't happen next year and I will be able to attend both Nationals. Good luck to everyone attending.

Dominic DiFebo
                          Q-24 this year..

Comment

Stock Pronotion Fund.....................

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                            If you would go the the APBA web and go to resources then to Sanction mailing fees you will note that for the US mailing fees for a National Event for Stock/J is over $800.That is a hard hit for a club to mail out the circular. Not APBA's fault.
                            I was of course kidding but to dispute Dan's comment, i imagine that in the Stock Outboard world many members do not follow Hydroracer and are not computer savey. Perhaps the SORC could have considered flipping the bill for the mailing. No biggie but it is cool to have a circular in hand.........

Hope you are coming to the show Bill to support our sport!!

See you there!!

Comment

Grass Lake Nat's response

Everyone in this thread that has questioned receipt of trailer registration is confirmed. The site is working well and we are getting everyone who has and is submitting.

The trailer move in time on the 25th is 3:00pm. Sorry for the mistake on the web it has been fixed.

For the reasons mentioned above we did decide to forgo the mailed sanction and put the monies towards putting on a better event.

Some additional comments that I left out of my last post. When you arrive at Grass Lake you will pull into the parking lot unhook your trailer and a tractor will park you in your assigned pit space. As we have mentioned several times we are packing a lot of trailers into a limited space and organization is key. The site has been professionally surveyed to insure we take advantage of every piece of real estate. If you are interested in viewing the site layout it is available at http://michiganhydroplane.com/race-layout.pdf

GPS address for Grass Lake and for Apple Creek campground are as follows:
                              Race site: 308 N. Lake Street, Grass Lake, MI 49240
                              Apple Creek Campground: 11185 Orban Rd., Grass Lake, MI 49240

Additional information can be found at: http://michiganhydroplane.com/GrassLake09.html

If you are interested in golf outing on Sunday make sure to register at:http://michiganhydroplane.com/GrassLake09Golf.html

Dean Sutherland
                              MHRA Commodore
                              Last edited by csh12M; 07-14-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X