Everyone still recover'n???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone still recover'n???????

Wow,..........Pretty quiet for a couple days after the NATIONALS!!!!!.........

Thanks IOA.....and Mike Marshall.....!

Great time and moved along well.....done by 3pm Sat?

Water good for finals....

Storm Friday PM........ but very little junk in lake Sat am.

All day test'n Thurs and went through every wheel in prop box....dang that sand gits "deep" after a couple hours......

Was in Earls "wake" in second flight of AMH.........
    Seven rigs in AMH.......Sutherland, Duggan 1st, 2nd

Doc Miller led first lap of BMH till...............Must'a been that extra 30lbs a lead ya were haul'n......
    Congrats K+S race'n on win both sets.....

Bobby Laws Sister(?) gave my 20H a mid pack run in AMR till it was bath time .......(I gave ya a 8.8 for style).........Thanks Matt, Skipper Smith....for motor dry-out.
    Sis,.....were did ya go after yer swim ?.....(Will have motor for ya at Fall Franklin ?)

Several good deck-ta-deck finishes...........comments?.........pics?

Friday "Taste of Regions" very good......good job Brian C.!

100N
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 07-21-2009, 03:01 AM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

You are right! I'm in recovery. I had a great time at the Nationals. I thought the racing was great and the pre-race activities went smoothly. Some had some problems dealing with the many State and park requirements which could have been prevented had those involved simply read the information sheet that was handed out to all the drivers. At any rate, I want to thank Mike and Carol Marshall for their total effort along with their entire family for assisting on everything from serving hamburgers to selling banquet tickets and Tee shirts to picket boat duty. They put in a full week of work at the site. A lot goes into running a race and their work made the 2009 Mod Nationals a lot of fun and a pleasure to be involved in from start to finish. Also, thanks to all that attended. It's the many and varied racers that make our sport what it is. We race hard on the course but are friends on the beach and that is great. I miss racing but I still enjoy my fellow racers. Jack

Comment

We made it home. The Rock is still recovering, he is very tired still. Dad and I had a great time and enjoyed the races very much. See you all on Saturday =)

Comment

Thank You

Brian and Mary,
        Thank you for posting all the results !!! You have both made my Monday alot easier. "I had just signed on with the summary sheets before me to post all the results".

Thank you to everyone who helped on the judges stand.

A big THANK YOU to Donna Roskowski and Nancy Carfarelli who were there from registration and worked the judges stand both days (all set's) ! Nancy your baked goods were wonderful, I would drive to a IOA race any weekend to work with you two just for your brownies !

Also THANK YOU to Mary Williams who worked in inspection and registration also all sets both days !

Tonite I will finish up all the Mod Nationals paperwork and get it off to APBA hopefully in tomorrows mail. Then it's time to start packing for the Stock Nationals in Grass Lake, MI for this coming weekend.

Lisa Jennings
        Modified Chief Scorer
        Last edited by LISA JENNINGS; 07-20-2009, 07:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

[QUOTE=STEVE FRENCH;135503]
          Seven rigs in AMH.......Sutherland, Duggan 1st, 2nd"

Steve; congrats on your finish
          -pretty good for a retired guy.
          Best to stay dry; -u could catch cold
          I had Ian driving my D-cabover the previous week at Constantine,
          getting him primed for Akron.
          Was the seven AMHs all 20" poppers?
          Last edited by bh/; 07-20-2009, 07:57 AM. Reason: sp?
          Brian Hendrick, #66 F
          "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Thanks to all of those who made the Nationals a great weekend. I know the Marshall's put in tons of work and we appreciate it greatly. The entire IOA, Jack Stotts,Williams, Caferrellis and Jennings also did lots of work... I know I am forgetting someone, but thanks to all.

What's Up Doc Racing Team

Rick Miller
            34-0

Comment

Congrats

Congrats to all the newly crowned National Champions. Nice to see some new faces winning the crown jewel ! Homework pays off !

I truly wish I could have been there, and was missing it the whole time. Thankfully a few phone calls kept me in the loop !

Glad everyone made it home safe.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

[QUOTE=bh/;135520]
                Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
                Seven rigs in AMH.......Sutherland, Duggan 1st, 2nd"

Was the seven AMHs all 20" poppers?
                Brian, I think all in "hydro" were Hot-Rod(5)/Sidewinder(1) but me?..........3-4 Merc "Poppers" in AMR (8-9 entries?) and one of those won!

In 250 hydro.....Sutherland had a H/R with older "alky" style megaphones.
                Duggan a H/R with Chamber.
                My 3rd place finish was with a stock spec, through tower exhaust, 22-OMC.......(First top 3 National finish for this style motor in AMH?)....Nailed start in first set....Tom passed me on back stretch with about 2-3 MPH over my rig...Giv'n me a second in first flight.
                He started 4th or 5th in second flight and passed all....Duggan was close to him at finish with Earl and then me and rest.

I tried to buy a Hot-Rod powerhead that I thought was avail tonight but owner not ready to sell so will put pipes I bought (3-sets) and tower/foot back on shelf and keep work'n with the OMC and 20H.........

So far I think the 22-OMC and Mercs have helped the A-MOD class.......Has given a place to run these motors that have been sit'n idle in basements/collections......almost even with a 15 Hot-Rod stocker>>Earl and George can keep me in their wake depend'n on start and makes for some fun competition in the corners......a couple more and we can run un-combined as a STAND ALONE class!!! ....Come on Doug Follett, git that 25ss Merc out here!

PS....Brian, P/M me address/total$ to pay ya for prop bushings ?

100N
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 07-23-2009, 02:43 AM.
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Originally posted by LISA JENNINGS View Post
                  Brian and Mary,
                  Thank you for posting all the results !!! You have both made my Monday alot easier. "I had just signed on with the summary sheets before me to post all the results".

Lisa Jennings
                  Modified Chief Scorer
                  Where are the results posted?......Link?

Thanks again race committie.........can't imagine how ya keep track of it all

100N

Comment

Steve, the results are on the thread "Live From the Pits" on page 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X