Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 APBA Mod Nationals Forum - Zanesville Dillon Lake

This is the official HydroRacer.Net 2009 Mod Nationals Forum

Please use this forum for everything pertaining to the 2009 Mod Nationals, Hotel information class schedules etc.

Enjoy
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Request for help

Thank you Dan for the space!

I am one of the "Lucky" people in charge of making sure we have a good time while not racing!!!!!

I will be looking for people to help with the "Taste of the Regions".

I will be looking donations for the auction.

People to advertise in the program.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
      Thank you Dan for the space!

I am one of the "Lucky" people in charge of making sure we have a good time while not racing!!!!!

I will be looking for people to help with the "Taste of the Regions".

I will be looking donations for the auction.

People to advertise in the program.
      Good deal Brian,

The key to every successful event is early communication with the attendees.

Enjoy
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
        thank You Dan For The Space!

I Am One Of The "lucky" People In Charge Of Making Sure We Have A Good Time While Not Racing!!!!!

I Will Be Looking For People To Help With The "taste Of The Regions".

I Will Be Looking Donations For The Auction.

People To Advertise In The Program.
        Brain You Know I Will Help Keep You On Your Toes, I Will Have A Highway Approved Cup. Just Kidding You Did A Great Job On The Fun The Last Time. I Hope To Be There To Watch.

RICHARD J BIRD
        TEAM
        MEANSTREAK/LEFTCOASTRACING
        THE PROP SHOP RACING TEAM
        MOST MODS AND SOME STOCKS

"WE ARE ALL HERE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALL THERE"

Comment

Originally posted by RICK BIRD View Post
          Brain You Know I Will Help Keep You On Your Toes, I Will Have A Highway Approved Cup. Just Kidding You Did A Great Job On The Fun The Last Time. I Hope To Be There To Watch.
          Bird,

I have already made arrangements for your arrival. You can have your choice of a monkey or a bear harness. What do you prefer?

Preparation is the difference between adventure and disaster!

I can not wait!!!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

More to follow after I find out what was discussed/decided at Mod Commission meeting this week. Mike Marshall, Raceboat 61-S Race Director

Comment

2009 Modified Outboard National Championships
              15-19 July Dillon Lake State Park
              Zanesville, Ohio

The following report is submitted to the Modified Outboard Category and Junior racers for their mid-year planning purposes. Changes and adjustments may be made by the Race Committee in coordination with the host club, the Indiana Outboard Association and the Modified Outboard Commission, if required.

OFFICIALS: Mark Wheeler, Chief Referee
              John Robarge, Chief Inspector
              Lisa Jennings, Chief Scorer
              Mark Pugh, Risk Manager
              Mike Marshall, Race Director

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: Wed 15 July: 1200 Registration begins
              Sanctioned/insured testing after registration and
              $20/driver testing fee (unlimited # boats)

Thur 16 July: 0900 Registration begins
              Testing continues
              1600 Registration ends
              1800 testing ends
              1900 Driver’s Meeting in Park Pavilion

Fri 17 July 0900 Racing begins, Elims. and Finals
              1800 Racing ends
              1900 Taste of the Regions @Gity’s

Sat 18 July 0900 Racing begins, Finals
              1800 Racing ends
              1930 Awards dinner/banquet @Gity’s

Sun 19 July 0900 Blow-out day(if needed)
              1800 or when finished…racing ends

THE BIG PICTURE:

IOA and Dillon Lake have a great history of hosting APBA Championship events. 2009 will see a few changes to previous races. One important change this year will be that for the first time up to 24 self-contained motor homes will be allowed to overnight in the pit area in the grass. These will pay the normal park rate between $20-25/night but will not have electric or sewage hook-up. Some race teams may enjoy the convenience more than they miss the Park amenities. Pit passes will again be issued at driver’s registration for legitimate team equipment/support vehicles. State Park officials will not allow personal vehicles access to the pits that are only for personal convenience. There will be “paid/uniformed park police” at the pit entrance to control traffic to/from the pit area. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed anywhere in the State Park. Pets must be leashed. Beach will be closed to all recreational swimming during racing hours. Dillon State Park has approximately 28 cabins and 130 improved campsites. Reservations may be made via 1-800 number or internet. Listed under Ohio State Parks. The Baymont Inn in Zanesville is the supporting host motel in the area for the Nationals.
              Three River Outboard Racing Association has offered to provide some back-up support equipment to the host club. An alternate racecourse may be set up on the west shore in case of marginal weather with this equipment.
              The North American Championships for all four “Junior” classes will be contested. These are championship races and “J”Eliminations and Finals will be folded into the Mod Nats schedule. As of this writing we are considering that we may NOT host other Stock classes at this Nationals due to expected low turnout caused by other Region 6 races on the previous weekend and proximity of the Stock Nationals soon thereafter. Elimination heats of any single class and it’s Final heats might be held on the same day but NOT back-to-back in the same “flight”. Racecourse will be approximately .85 miles in length with symmetrical 4-5 buoy turns. There will be a legitimate 1000’ buoy that will require drivers to enter the start chute in a relative straight line. Plans are to use a digital clock with a back-up second-hand clock for the alternate course. Scoring will be primarily hand scored by the Chief scorer with the assistant scorer using computer scoring as the back-up method. Legal fuel in the local area will be found by the chief inspector or his assistant and driver’s will be notified at registration. If NO automotive fuel is found legal 100LowLead AvGas is available from Zanesville Aviation (1-800-842-6389).

QUESTIONS? Call Mike Marshall, cell#740-319-5040 or e-mail mcarolmike@aol.com

Comment

How far away is Gity’s?

Comment

Gity's Party House is on the boundary of the park, right across the road from the Dillon State Park office about 1/2 mile from the pits. Same place that we held beverage-friendly events at the 2007 Mod Nationals. Thanks for asking. Mike

Comment

Schedule...

Brian
                    I know it is heresy,but if a shedule could be established well ahead of race date,it would allow lots of us to figure out how to juggle work issues,etc thus making it easier to make go or no-go decisions.Just knowing when we might get back on the road to home would help.Those of us who run just one class would surely be appreciative.Last time I was there,I vegetated from Wed to Sun when we finally got to run.I was about brain dead by then.I wasted one heat just waking up.
                    Thank you in advance for considering this.I think the net result would be better attendance.
                    Hunter,8-N

Comment

Site updated

The IOA site has been updated with the information that we have so far.
                      http://indianaoutboard.org/nationals/

-patrick 42h
                      42H

Comment

Need 2 bring Region 4`s. Clock it`s 2009 digital clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gun 3-Z View Post
                          Need 2 bring Region 4`s. Clock it`s 2009 digital clock.
                          What? Can't start with the pie clocks! it makes things interesting! LOL.

SOA has a digital and going to Oregon racing where they don't is always fun!
                          Kyle Bahl
                          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Clock

Personally I prefer the analog clock IOA has, easy to see and read. Black and orange. It is much better to see than the original black and white clocks typically used at most races. Some traditions are worth preserving.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Clocks..............

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                              Personally I prefer the analog clock IOA has, easy to see and read. Black and orange. It is much better to see than the original black and white clocks typically used at most races. Some traditions are worth preserving.
                              Pie clocks are really not one of the traditions worth saving Digital clocks are sooo much easier to read and percise. I am sure referee's will attest that gunjumping is greatly reduced when a digital clock is used!!

Ron France once told me that back in the World War Black and Orange were used as camaflage colors! I can believe it after racing on black and orange clocks. If region 4 and or 12 is willing to bring the digital clock, GO FOR IT.

We all talk about trying to make ourselves more in tune with the times and more professional, well, a digital clock is a lot more modern and FAN friendly..........I proposed at the 2008 National Meeting for the SORC to consider mandating digital clocks at all National Championship events. I heard the opinion was that clubs would be hurt by this potentially because they couldn't afford one. Maybe they are right but if brother clubs are willing to donate one then it should be considered!

Comment

Working...
                              X