No announcement yet.

Rescue Board Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pictured snow ski hill rescue... but for water. Similar idea. water sled that is pulled behind for clubs that can not afford a special purpose rescue boat. Driver is secure in the sled.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I agree with the stokes basket idea. Inside the basket is a spine board that can be released on shore. The flotation from the drivers jacket will maintain buoyancy so the driver can be "floated" into the basket. All this said it will only work if practiced. The people operating the winch and acting act a counter-balance must know what they are doing. Having an EMT/Paramedic in the rescue boat is a must. The idea of a pontoon boat is an excellent idea. We still need a method to get the driver stabilized and out of the water as quickly as possible. Jim is correct, most situations are non-events but it only takes one real event to bring us to reality. Keep thinking, "necessity is the mother of innovation."
      Safety Rich- Your Safety is my business

Comment

I should have known...There is an entire industry of these things.

Check this out.

http://www.extractorsled.com/mega.htm

Different models, different sizes, they even have models with tapered- what would be the foot end, so that they have less bouyancy, and easier to slide under...

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
          I should have known...There is an entire industry of these things.

Check this out.

http://www.extractorsled.com/mega.htm

Different models, different sizes, they even have models with tapered- what would be the foot end, so that they have less bouyancy, and easier to slide under...
          Spendy little suckers ($1600)
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
            Spendy little suckers ($1600)
            Yeah, but I'll bet MRC could offer plans, and they could be built with Okume for a lot less...

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
              Yeah, but I'll bet MRC could offer plans, and they could be built with Okume for a lot less...
              On the same sort of subject. What kind of boat do you have? Time for a little upgrade Mark?
              Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                On the same sort of subject. What kind of boat do you have? Time for a little upgrade Mark?
                I have an MJR, couple of years old, built by Rick Wagner.
                If "upgrade" means faster...By all means
                Will it help me drive better?

Comment

FYI

This is a sporty little rescue boat designed by George Greenough of surfing fame. http://www.georgegreenough.com/Georg...ough/Home.html
                  The back is open like a pick up truck and right at water level. Its a 50 mph boat with a 143 hp and water jet.

The video is the version George makes in Australia.
                  http://vimeo.com/14966584

We are building these now in North Carolina for air drop rescue and insertion missions for the Military. A later model will be the back to its civilian rescue roots.

Not much 12 foot seas in circuit boat racing but the pick up stern works exceedingly well.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  WWW.COMPMILLENNIA.COM
                  Composite fabricator
                  ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certified
                  Washington, North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                  X