Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racingfan1
    replied
    When John asked me if I would help put on the next event after the reunion in 2012 was over I quickly agreed with the stipulation that John stay on board as I felt it still needed a name attached to it that boat racers were familiar with. After all I never raced a boat , although I had the money in hand once and let the left brain - right brain thing discourage me , and most didnt know me til I did the trivia contest in 2012. The first two reunions were great successes and I hope this years event lived up to those. I hope it did and I thank John for his advice and support.

Alan , I thank you for your kind words and encouragement !!

We want to thank all who attended and hope you had a good time. I am always open to comments and criticism in order to make future gatherings better than the one before so feel free to let me hear your thoughts.

I need to thank Mike Krier and Mike Schmidt who built and donated the two boats for the raffle and to Bill Seebold , Bruce Summers , Ralph DeSilva , Bernie Van Osdale and Steve Wilson who donated the silent auction items. Nobody profits from the reunions and all profits realized are donated to the "Save Lake DePue Fund " and it appears that they will be getting a donation again this year. Thanks to all who participated and congrats to the winners.

To Karen Cadle , George Taylor , the Juby's , Mark Suter , Bruce Summers and Dick and Mike Austin who brought their vintage equipment and\or inside displays for all of us to enjoy. It was good to wake up the echos on Lake DePue as Goerge and Dick ran their equipment on Friday. I have pictures to post as soon as I get through going over them.

Special thanks to Ray Rodda for being our speaker for the night. Great job as always Ray !!!!!!

If I have forgotten anybody I do apologize.

Finally I saw Bill Seebold and Paul Bogosian before they left on Saturday afternoon and had a quick conversation. Bill told me that 4 years is even to long to wait for the next gathering and every three years might be a better time table. They said as long as they are able they will come back for every one. So I am here to announce that you need to mark the calendar for Friday July 26th 2019 for the next DePue Boat Racer Reunion party. I hope to make it bigger and better than ever.

Thank you to those that attended and to those of you that registered but were unable to make the trip your care package will be in the mail soon.

Dale
    Last edited by racingfan1; 08-01-2016, 04:22 PM. Reason: additions

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    In order to give everyone a chance to make the start of the reunion reception , we will start things at 7pm. I will be at the VFW setting up at 9am and will start checking people in then. We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
    REGISTRATION ROLL CALL

Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of July 9th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jimx2
    Austin , Mike
    Austin , Richard
    Berry , Tom+1
    Bosnich , Paul
    Bradley , Charlie
    Brinkman, Todd & Diane
    Cadle , Karen "Sis"
    Cooper , Melvyn
    Chance , Tim & Ann
    Crawford , Mike
    Cunningham , Casey
    Dewald , Craig
    Donald , Ralph
    Everhart , David
    Forster , Wild Bill
    Franck , Joe
    Fuchslin , Rich
    Harrison , Kay & Lovie
    Hawie , RC & Laura O'Connell
    Hedlund , Gerry
    Hedlund , Ron
    Helm , Mike & Sally
    Hoffert , Dale
    Hooten . David & Daniel Lisa Pacifico
    Hooten , Tommy
    Hooten-Adeleke , Lisa
    Houghkirk , Cookie
    Ishi , Alan
    Johnson , Duke
    Jones , Mike
    Juby , Robert & Miranda
    Juby , Brandon
    Kalman , Sharon
    Kurps , Bill & Joyce
    Lawerence , John & Jon
    Litzell , Steve & Connie
    Meyer , Mitch
    Murray , Diane
    Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
    Neadeck , Art
    Ostergren , Lee
    Payn , Terry & Connie
    Perry , June
    Rodda , Ray
    Schmidt , Michael
    Schmidt , Eric
    Schubert , John
    Seebold , Bill
    Siebring , Rebel
    Selland , Dave
    Shank , Kristy
    Snow , Brad
    Summers , Bruce & Shirley
    Suter , Mark & Elaine
    Sutter , Lee
    Swenson , Carroll & Joan
    Syring , Lee
    Taylor , George
    Van Osdale , Bernie
    VanSteenwyk , Bill & Eileen
    Voss, Pete
    Wagner , Phil & Karen
    Wagner , Tim
    Wagner , John
    Willing , Don
    Wilson , Steve
    Wilson , Stuart
    Winzeler , John
    Zambriski , Frank

Well the list continues to grow , as of Friday July 22nd we are up 89 people attending the reunion.

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    Just a reminder to all reunion attendees , if you plan to go into the pit area you MUST purchase a wristband and sign the insurance waiver. The wristband also covers your admission to the races on Friday , Saturday and Sunday. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• John Schubert
    replied
    Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
    Dale/John- I know how hard you both have worked on the reunion. Although I won't be there I know it is going to be top notch. Hats off to the both of you for doing all you 2 have done.
    Thank you, still more to do to make it a success

Leave a comment:

• 1100-one
    replied
    Dale/John- I know how hard you both have worked on the reunion. Although I won't be there I know it is going to be top notch. Hats off to the both of you for doing all you 2 have done.

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    There will be a limited number of this 11x17 poster at the reunion. $3

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    Here is the front and back design for the reunion shirt. Please note that the shirt color will be a slighty different shade of blue.

Leave a comment:

• John Schubert
    replied
    To everyone who has pre-registered, it appears that we have an issue with the Hotel of choice with special rates. Only 12 rooms have been reserved but over 80 have pre-registered. Would you that are planning on attending please e-mail me where you made your hotel registration. My concern is that you might have reserved a room at the LaQuinta but did not spicify the Reunion. So please e-mail if you have a reservation at the LaQuinta, and if you don't can you change your reservation. e-mail jschubert19j@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• John Schubert
    replied
    OK, for those of you that are planning on running some equipment, here are the rules & guidelines.
    1) USTS has negotiated with their insurance carrier to have your test runs covered under a Special Events class.
    2) You will be required to join USTS as a regular race member to be covered under the insurance umbrella. The membership fee is $75.00.
    3) You will be required to register to run in the special event at a nominal fee of $25.00, less than the normal race entry fee to cover any incidental rescue crew & ambulance fees. You will also be required to sign "Release from Liability" forms. Registration is handled by Susan Sailor & Denise Eldridge. They are normally located behing the Depue Men's Club food pavilion.
    You will receive an arm band but all others in your crew as well as all other reunion members will be required to pay $10.00 for an arm band allowing entry in to the hot pits.
    4) All boats that intend to run on the water must be inspected by the USTS Safety Inspector, Mike Weinant. He will mark your boat is some way to indicate he feels your equipment is safe to run out on the course. All boats MUST have a tether type kill switch. The issue of helmets & life jackets has been discussed. I don't feel that current equipment is required but what you have must be deemed OK for test runs by myself & the Safety Inspector. You will be required by the insurance carrier to have cut suits. If you don't, Todd Brinkman, USTS President & Race Director says he thinks we will be able to have active drivers loan you their cut suits.
    5) Running on the water will occur after Friday's event. There might me a small intermission to allow rescue & safety boat personnel to have a break. You may also be requested to have individuals that might be with you to man the small aluminum outboard boats for pick up purposes. Friday will be the only day allowed for running on the course. Saturday's schedule is usually very hectic & run late.
    6) At this time I'm not totally sure about the dinner time at the reunion. We will definitely not start until 7PM but will try for 7:30. Can't guarantee this.
    7) In the event that you have some reason that after registration you can not run, neither the membership fee nor the registration will be refunded.
    8) REMEMBER no alcohol beverages prior to operating your equipment.

If anyone has any questions contact me by e-mail jschubert19j@gmail.com
    Last edited by John Schubert; 07-14-2016, 06:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    REGISTRATION ROLL CALL

Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of July 9th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jimx2
    Austin , Mike
    Austin , Richard
    Berry , Tom+1
    Bosnich , Paul
    Bradley , Charlie
    Brinkman, Todd & Diane
    Cadle , Karen "Sis"
    Cooper , Melvyn
    Chance , Tim & Ann
    Crawford , Mike
    Donald , Ralph
    Everhart , David
    Franck , Joe
    Fuchslin , Rich
    Harrison , Kay & Lovie
    Helm , Mike & Sally
    Hoffert , Dale
    Houghkirk , Cookie
    Ishi , Alan
    Johnson , Duke
    Jones , Mike
    Juby , Robert & Miranda
    Juby , Brandon
    Kalman , Sharon
    Kurps , Bill & Joyce
    Lawerence , John & Jon
    Litzell , Steve & Connie
    Meyer , Mitch
    Murray , Diane
    Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
    Neadeck , Art
    Ostergren , Lee
    Payn , Terry & Connie
    Perry , June
    Rodda , Ray
    Schubert , John
    Seebold , Bill
    Siebring , Rebel
    Selland , Dave
    Shank , Kristy
    Suter , Mark & Elaine
    Sutter , Lee
    Swenson , Carroll & Joan
    Syring , Lee
    Taylor , George
    Van Osdale , Bernie
    Voss, Pete
    Wagner , Phil & Karen
    Wagner , Tim
    Wagner , John
    Willing , Don
    Wilson , Steve
    Wilson , Stuart
    Zambriski , Frank
    Here is the updated list as of Sat. July 9th. If you haven't registered there is still time as the caterer said they always figure in a couple extra. So feel free to get it in.

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    REGISTRATION ROLL CALL

Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of June 30th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jimx2
    Austin , Mike
    Austin , Richard
    Berry , Tom+1
    Bosnich , Paul
    Bradley , Charlie
    Brinkman, Todd & Diane
    Cadle , Karen "Sis"
    Cooper , Melvyn
    Chance , Tim & Ann
    Crawford , Mike
    Donald , Ralph
    Franck , Joe
    Fuchslin , Rich
    Harrison , Kay & Lovie
    Helm , Mike & Sally
    Hoffert , Dale
    Houghkirk , Cookie
    Ishi , Alan
    Johnson , Duke
    Jones , Mike
    Juby , Robert & Miranda
    Juby , Brandon
    Kalman , Sharon
    Kurps , Bill & Joyce
    Lawerence , John & Jon
    Litzell , Steve & Connie
    Murray , Diane
    Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
    Neadeck , Art
    Ostergren , Lee
    Payn , Terry & Connie
    Perry , June
    Queen , Clyde
    Queen Rahnert , Nancy
    Rodda , Ray
    Schubert , John
    Seebold , Bill
    Siebring , Rebel
    Selland , Dave
    Shank , Kristy
    Suter , Mark
    Sutter , Lee
    Swenson , Carroll & Joan
    Taylor , George
    Voss, Pete
    Wagner , Phil & Karen
    Wagner , Tim
    Wagner , John
    Willing , Don
    Wilson , Steve
    Wilson , Stuart
    Zambriski , Frank
    Here is the updated list as of July 4th. Its not to late to join the fun.

Leave a comment:

• 1100-one
    replied
    Alan and I have talked about that picture nany times Bob. I asked him to ride with me if I went Depue. Umm no ways very quickly spoken. Alan is a great friend. We chat daily. Plans where to go as well. But believe it or not I don't fly either. Ray Rodda was going to drive out and get us 2 chickens lol

Leave a comment:

• Bob Rusnak
    replied
    Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
    I just wish someone would get Ishi's picture getting on the plane and the one getting off the plane. That would be priceless!!!!!

Ok, here is one of Allan getting on a plane. Hinton WV 1977.

Leave a comment:

• racingfan1
    replied
    I have a brother in law who has to take Valium to fly. Absolutely hates it. A before and after of Alanwould be interesting to see tho !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X