2016 DePue Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 DePue Reunion

John Schubert and myself , Dale Hoffert , would like to announce that planning has begun to hold the next Boat Racer Reunion on the evening of Friday July 29th 2016 in DePue. We have decided , after talking to a few of the guys , that in would be in the best interest of everybody if we broke from the usual 5 year interval and have it a 1 year earlier. As in the past there will be a dinner , silent auction items and good old story telling I am sure. We are also working on a couple special auction items that will be announced when they are completed. So set aside the date and we hope to see you there !!!!
    Last edited by racingfan1; 08-27-2015, 01:49 PM.

Good LORD willing and the creek don't rise, I should be there !!!!

Comment

I am starting to work on a video project for the reunion. If anybody has some pictures , the good old 60's and 70's stuff , you would like to have included in a video that will run during the reunion feel free to email them to me. There are plenty of good pictures here on HR , I could copy them and add them , if you don't want me to copy your pictures please let me know. Thank you.

1daledog1@gmail.com

Thanks Dale

Comment

2016 DePue Boat Racers Reunion hotel info

DePue Reunion Special Rate

Once again we have chosen the LaQuinta Hotel in Peru as the reunion hotel. The LaQuinta is located at the Peru exit south of Int 80. You must call the hotel direct at 815-224-9000 to book rooms. A block of 30 rooms have been blocked for the attendees. The blocked rooms are doubles and you will need to provide your C.C.# when calling to set up your reservation. The block is for Wed. July 27th - Saturday July 31st , you must set up your arrival and departure dates when calling.

To get the special rate of $79.99 , normal July rate is $124.99 , you MUST mention you are with the " Boat Racers Reuion " group. The block will be held until July 1st and will be extended beyond 30 rooms if filled by July 1st.
        Last edited by racingfan1; 02-06-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I have received word through an email this morning from Nancy Rahnert that she and her father, Clyde Queen, are planning on attending the reunion in July. Clyde recently had some surgery on his leg and was waiting to see how he felt. Nancy told me he wants to be there and is looking forward to it , as are a lot of people looking forward to seeing Clyde and Nancy.
          Last edited by racingfan1; 02-14-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

reunion regis.pdf [ATTACH=CONFIG]n443702[/ATTACH] Registration is now open

Registration is now open for the Racer Reunion. The registration form that you need to fill out is attached to this message.

1 - You will need to download the form and print it out. First , click the link at the top of this message , then choose open from the menu bar at the bottom of the page , choose print , and print the form. Fill the form out and either mail it with your check or if you use Pay Pal you can mail the form or scan and email it to me. Instruction are also on the bottom of the form. If you need me to mail you a form you can either call me and leave a message or text me at 309-238-8165. Un fortunately I was unable to work out an interactive form. Please contact me if you have any issues.

2 - The reunion hotel is once again the LaQuinta Inn in Peru. It is located just south of I80. You must call the hotel direct at 815-224-9000 and mention the Boat Racers Reunion to get the discounted rate of $79.99/night. There is a block of 30 rooms reserved but that number will be extended if filled by the July 1st deadline.

3 - We are still looking for items for the silent auction which will run all day Friday until the dinner is served. Contact me or John if you have something to donate to the silent auction. There will also be two special live auctions items , stay tuned for detail coming in a few weeks.

4 - In order to get into the "hot pits " during the week you MUST sign the insurance waiver and get a wristband. There can be no exceptions to this rule. Wristbands may be purchased at the DePue Men's Club food shelter and cost $10. This gets you into the pits for the 5 days and also covers your admission to the races on Friday , Saturday and Sunday.

John and I are looking forward to seeing all of you in July. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact John or I.

Take care and see you in July.

Dale Hoffert
            Attached Files
            Last edited by racingfan1; 03-07-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

For those of you that are going to be bringing something to display please let John know as he is in charge of that. The DePue Men's club will not be doing a carnival this year so we will have the entire street in front of the VFW again to use for that purpose.
              Last edited by racingfan1; 03-12-2016, 06:58 AM.

Comment

REGISTRATION ROLL CALL

Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of July 9th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jimx2
                Austin , Mike
                Austin , Richard
                Berry , Tom+1
                Bosnich , Paul
                Bradley , Charlie
                Brinkman, Todd & Diane
                Cadle , Karen "Sis"
                Cooper , Melvyn
                Chance , Tim & Ann
                Crawford , Mike
                Cunningham , Casey
                Dewald , Craig
                Donald , Ralph
                Everhart , David
                Forster , Wild Bill
                Franck , Joe
                Fuchslin , Rich
                Harrison , Kay & Lovie
                Hawie , RC & Laura O'Connell
                Hedlund , Gerry
                Hedlund , Ron
                Helm , Mike & Sally
                Hoffert , Dale
                Hooten . David & Daniel Lisa Pacifico
                Hooten , Tommy
                Hooten-Adeleke , Lisa
                Houghkirk , Cookie
                Ishi , Alan
                Johnson , Duke
                Jones , Mike
                Juby , Robert & Miranda
                Juby , Brandon
                Kalman , Sharon
                Kurps , Bill & Joyce
                Lawerence , John & Jon
                Litzell , Steve & Connie
                Meyer , Mitch
                Murray , Diane
                Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
                Neadeck , Art
                Ostergren , Lee
                Payn , Terry & Connie
                Perry , June
                Rodda , Ray
                Schmidt , Michael
                Schmidt , Eric
                Schubert , John
                Seebold , Bill
                Siebring , Rebel
                Selland , Dave
                Shank , Kristy
                Snow , Brad
                Summers , Bruce & Shirley
                Suter , Mark & Elaine
                Sutter , Lee
                Swenson , Carroll & Joan
                Syring , Lee
                Taylor , George
                Van Osdale , Bernie
                VanSteenwyk , Bill & Eileen
                Voss, Pete
                Wagner , Phil & Karen
                Wagner , Tim
                Wagner , John
                Willing , Don
                Wilson , Steve
                Wilson , Stuart
                Winzeler , John
                Zambriski , Frank
                Last edited by racingfan1; 07-21-2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

How about this for a silent auction item. A DVD of the CBS broadcast of the 1961 NOA Championships from Minnesota. If you were there it might be a nice item to have !!!!!!
                  Last edited by racingfan1; 04-17-2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

When John and I first announced that we were going to do a reunion this year there was made mention of a couple special items. Well the first one has been completed and here it is. It is scale model Krier runabout made by Mike Krier. The boat is app. 40 inches long and built to scale. It is on swivel base that can rotate 360 degrees. The only varaible left is whether we have it painted or leave it in its natural wood state. Stayed tuned. The plan is to have the drivers in attendance sign the boat and then at the end of the night it will be auctioned off or possible a raffle. I can tell you the second item is a Syd hydro replica and is the works.

Comment

Very nice looking boat Mike built. I did get your message this am Dale. I'm still healing up but will try and contact you back

Comment

So you are still on the fence about coming to the reunion ? Maybe a conversation on things like this may break out. The top 2 pictures come from the Thirlby boat shop and the bottom three from The Mark Suter Collection. If you are ever traveling through Michigan they are both a good place to stop and visit. You wont be disappointed !!!

Comment

As the 2016 DePue Reunion nears I just wanted to update everybody on dates that are coming up and an option available to all.

1) If you are going to use the reunion hotel you need to make your reservation by July 1st to get our special rate. The LaQuinta in Peru , just south of I-80 , is the hotel will be using again. I called today and they still rooms available in the reserved block. Call the hotel at 815-224-9000 to get the special rate of $79.99 , normal July rate is $124. When making the reservation you need to mention "Boat Racer Reunion " to get the discounted rate. The block runs from Wed July 27th - Sat July 30. All rooms are doubles.

2) We need to receive your registration by July 8th so the caterer can be notified and shirt orders can be placed. I will attach the registration form on the bottom of this message in case you need it.

3) I have been asked by a few people if they can get a t-shirt instead of a polo shirt. I contacted the store and we can get a t-shirt in the same aquatic blue color as the polo shirt , so if you prefer a t-shirt and have already sent in your registration just send me an email at dhoffert@mchsi.com and I will note it on your registration. If you still need to mail your registration you can note t-shirt on the form. I apologize I have not posted the new design as of yet , we are fine tuning the back of the shirt and should have it soon. Below is the front design , the color of the shirt example is not the exact shirt color.

John and I are looking forward to seeing you all in DePue in July.

Dale Hoffert
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
                            REGISTRATION ROLL CALL

Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of June 18th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jimx2
                            Austin , Mike
                            Austin , Richard
                            Berry , Tom+1
                            Bradley , Charlie
                            Cadle , Karen "Sis"
                            Cooper , Melvyn
                            Crawford , Mike
                            Donald , Ralph
                            Harrison , Kay & Lovie
                            Helm , Mike & Sally
                            Hoffert , Dale
                            Houghkirk , Cookie
                            Ishi , Alan
                            Johnson , Duke
                            Juby , Robert & Miranda
                            Juby , Brandon
                            Kurps , Bill & Joyce
                            Litzell , Steve & Connie
                            Murray , Diane
                            Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
                            Neadeck , Art
                            Ostergren , Lee
                            Perry , June
                            Rodda , Ray
                            Schubert , John
                            Seebold , Bill
                            Siebring , Rebel
                            Selland , Dave
                            Summers , Bruce & Shirley
                            Suter , Mark
                            Sutter , Lee
                            Swenson , Carroll & Joan
                            Taylor , George
                            VanSteenwyk , Bill & Eileen
                            Voss, Pete
                            Wagner , Phil & Karen
                            Wagner , Tim
                            Wagner , John
                            Willing , Don
                            Wilson , Steve
                            Wilson , Stuart
                            Zambriski , Frank
                            This is the updated list of registrations for the reunion as of Sunday June 26th. The special rate at the LaQuinta will end on July 1st and what rooms are left in the block will be cancelled as will the special rate of $79\night , don't miss out on that deal. If you haven't registered yet please do so by July 8th as we need to notify the caterer and other. Looking forward to seeing you all in July !!!

Comment

I received a message last night asking if the reunion is still on as it had been cancelled because of low registration. My feeling is if even 30 people want to show up to talk and reminiscence about the past it is a worthwhile venture! The reunion will not be cancelled. I look forward to seeing you all in DePue !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X