Jim McKean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gun

We are so sorry to hear of Jim's passing. Jim was so good to us and gave us his full support from the day Brianna started running capsule boats. It will not be the same without Captain Jim!

All our love to his crew and family!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to the McKean family. A big loss to the racing family.

Comment

Our condolences to the McKeans on your loss. I have lots of memories of racing against Jim in SoCal (the old days of the 60/70s). He will be missed by us all. Rest in Peace, Jim.
        Fred Hauenstein

Comment

Sad news

Sorry to hear about Jim. He has always been so involved and willing to help with our needs. Our condolences go out to the entire family. He will be really missed by us all.

Comment

RIP Jim

Sean and family, we are so very sorry for your loss. The Bosnich family is thinking about all of you and we will see you this weekend!

God speed Jim!!!

The Bosnich Family
            Ab

Comment

Very Sorry

I am very sorry to see this news. Jim was a wonderful advocate for boat racing, and helped everyone. He will be missed. May he race in peace. Words seem to escape me currently.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Sean, your Dad was a good man, he will be known for at least a 100 years from now. I know you are very proud to have come from (such good stock)

Comment

Jim McKean's memorial will be August 6, at 2:00 pm at the National Cemetery, 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, TX 75211 phone 214-467-3374. This is a Monday. Unfortunately, since this is a military service, we do not have a choice on the day and therefore, we understand the difficulties of attending the service. However, all of our boat racing friends and family are invited to attend. If you are able to attend, please keep in mind that the National Cemetery will not allow us to arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of the service.

Following the service, we will be having a party at a lake house on Cedar Creek Lake. This is located approximately one hour and fifteen minutes from the location of the service and about an hour and a half from DFW airport. Again, all are invited.

Although small, our house will be open to anyone who may need a place to stay. Please give us a call.

SeanT4

Comment

Sean,

You may not remember me, but I remember you and your dad at the kilo's on Devils Lake in Oregon. I would say in the early 80's runnin 350 novice. We were the Schlitz Malt Liquor team. I have heard and read of you and your dads success in this sport over the years! Very sorry to hear you lost your dad! I look forward to hearing and reading more success stories!!! God Bless.

Tim Fihn

Comment

Sean, I am very sorry that I will not be able to attend the services. I will hold your Dad in my heart from the last time we were together. It was one of the greatest joys of my life. There were no thoughts from either of us that it would be the last time we would see each other. I still feel the same. God Bless you and your family. I could never have had a better friend. I am so proud of you beyond your many racing accomplishments.
                      Alan

Comment

Condolence

I just found out that Jim passed on. I will not forget our first meeting at DePue many years ago, what a great person and will be missed.

Mike O'Brien

Comment

We Just Learned of Jim's Passing

Sean,

Over the years your family has made a great contribution to the PRO class. You have survived some tough times. Bonnie & I are on a trip so I just learned of your Dad's passing. Jim helped me several times with parts when I couldn't find them elsewhere. Words cannot express the emotions that your family will experience since he has left this world and followed the light to a better place where there is no pain, anxiety, or worries. May God give you comfort in your hours of grief. May you fondly remember the special times and successes you had as a racing team with your father and the family, both on and off the race course. Jim and your family will be in our prayers.

Al & Bonnie Peffley
                          Excalibur Racing - R-25

Comment

Working...
                          X