2012 Depue Boat Racers Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Depue Boat Racers Reunion

We are actively planning the 2012 Boat Racers reunion to be held on Wed. through Sat. during the Pro national championships which are usually held the last week in July or the first week in August. Would someone in the know please post the correct dates. Stay tuned to this thread for the official registration form that will allow you to register, forward your registration form or down load & print it & mail it to the address on form. You'll also be able to either paypal your registration fee to an e-mail address noted on the registration form or mail a check with your mailed registration. Just as a teaser, below is a picture of the front of the polo shirt, yes polo shirt with a collar, which will have the same art work on the back as the 2007 reunion but with the date changed to 2012. Also below is a picture of the optional cap which will have the 2012 reunion logo embroidered on the cap. This is the same logo as on the front of the polo shirt but will be screened on the shirt.
    Anyone interested in helping make this one of the best reunions ever please e-mail boatracersreunion@wi.rr.com
    Attached Files

Depue Dates

John,
    Depue Finals always start the last Friday of July and go to Sunday, with testing on Wed and Thurs.

This year those dates would be July 25th to the 29th of July, Wed-Sunday

Ray

Comment

Racers Reunion

Originally posted by RLR View Post
      John,
      Depue Finals always start the last Friday of July and go to Sunday, with testing on Wed and Thurs.

This year those dates would be July 25th to the 29th of July, Wed-Sunday

Ray
      Ray is correct on the dates. Officially tho it is not a go untill the pro. com. accepts the bid at the annual apba meeting. I [as reg. 7 pro chairman] will ck with Steve Greaves to see if Depue has sent in their bid yet.

Paul Bosnich might be able to fill us in on the bid situation.

I don't know what else we PRO racers would do the last weekend of July cause all of our vehicles are preprogramed to head for DEPUE.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by racnbns View Post
        Ray is correct on the dates. Officially tho it is not a go untill the pro. com. accepts the bid at the annual apba meeting. I [as reg. 7 pro chairman] will ck with Steve Greaves to see if Depue has sent in their bid yet.

Paul Bosnich might be able to fill us in on the bid situation.

I don't know what else we PRO racers would do the last weekend of July cause all of our vehicles are preprogramed to head for DEPUE.

Bruce
        Amen and some are already therelololo

Comment

I heard a real estate office has started selling pit spots in DePue.....................water front is on the must-have list I guess. PLUS the view is outstanding anywhere on the lake front.

Comment

2012 Boat Racers Reunion

After some mis-information, Depue will be hosting the 2012 Pro nationals dependent upon a bid being submitted to the Pro commission at the APBA national meeting & approved by the commiission & BOD. Knowing that, we are proceeding with the plans to have our second Boat Racers Reunion during the nationals.

Watch for the formal announcement & registration form later this month.

Comment

2012 Depue Reunion

Just a heads up. I had planned on opening registration this month but the pending lease of the VFW to a private individual, a cousin to the Depue Men's club president, won't be finalized until after the 1st of the year. At that time if the lease goes through I'll be in contact with the person who will be leasing the facility to determine if we can use the hall for our reception. Once that has been determined and if there are any fees I'll open registration.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season. For the New Years resolution be sure to include your attendance at the reunion.

Comment

2012 Depue Reunion

The Reunion is a GO!. Most of the final details have been resolved. Look for the registration form to be posted here with instructions how to complete the form, e-mail it to Shirley Summers & send fees through PayPal. If not familar with PayPal or computer electronics, you can print the form, fill it out & send it to the address on the form with your fees. Remember, you can order optional shirts & burgundy reunion caps with a very nice gold logo. The sample hat is pictured but will be burgundy. The shirt will have the year changed to 2012.

There will be a big gathering on Friday at The VFW Hall host by a local company with their famous Pig Roast. During this reception there will be the silent auction that was so successful at the last reunion, some other fund raisers & we will have a boat racers Calcutta which will be based on the top 5 drivers from 2011 high points and the top 4 participated classes from 2011 plus the big 1100 hydro. DEtails of how the Calcutta will work, how the auction for the driver of your choice will be conducted & details of proceeds will be announced at the Friday reception.

Register as soon as the form is up. If you want to make a committment now, e-mail boatracersreunion.com
                Attached Files

Comment

2012 Depue Reunion

When completing the registration form, it is important to follow the instruction as they are written on the instruction sheet. Open the instruction document first, either print it or write down the instructions. Then close that document & open the registration form. After you have type in all your required information, remember to go to edit & click on "Select All". Yor form will be shade in some form. Then holding down the ctrl key on your keynoard click on the e-mail address for brucenshirley. This will open your e-mail system with their e-mail address in your "TO" box. Then go to "Edit" on your tool bar & click on "Paste". The completed form will appear in your e-mail message area. Then click on "send".

Please remember after sending your form to go to your paypal account & send your registration fees to boatracersreunion.com.

Comment

Depue Reunion special rate motel

A block of 30 rooms has blocked for the Reunion attendees at the Peru LaQuinta Motel. It's just south of the Peru exit on I-80. The phone number is (815) 224-9000. The rooms that are blocked are doubles but can be changed in accordance with your needs. You'll need to provide a C.C. # when calling & making your registration. The block is for the nights of Wed. July 25 through Sat. July 28. If you arrival &/or departure dates are differen, tell them when you call.

To get the special rate of $70 per night, the normal July rate is $109, you must tell them that you are with the "Boat Racers Reunion" group.

This block will be held until July 1st. If the block isn't taken, then I'll have to cancel the unreserved rooms. I we are very successful in gaining strong attendance, they have agreed to expand the number of blocked rooms.

Comment

Depue REunion registration

Although slow, registrations are coming in. It is important that you register to to guarantee you official reunion shirt (s), optional cap, tickets for 2 free soda or beer beverages & your dinner ticket for Friday night. The dinner ticket will be required in order for attendees to enjoy the catered whole hog pig roast. There will be dinner tickets for sale prior to the Friday night affair on a first come basis, so don't misss out.

We are also planning on a Thursday night reception at the official reunion hotel, the LaQuinta. This will be a BYOB & we will order pizza & collect donations. This will be an excellent opportunity to visit with your boat racing friends & make new ones. The stories & memories will be flowing heavily.

Comment

Depue Reunion

When making payment through PayPal, as I prefer, make payment as "Personal Payment". Paying for services means they will deduct a % for fees.

Comment

Depue Reunion

Registrations are coming in extremely slow. If the numbers do not reach expectations especially with vendors, we just might have to cancel the gathering. If you are planning on attending, why wait to register. Remember, there will be tickets to enable you to take advantage of the pig roast & Friday's activities which include the Calcutta.

Let's get going!!!!!!!

Comment

Reunion

I urge everyone to make payment using PayPal. However, payments made so far have been made as purchases. Doing so, PayPal deducts their fee, so we are receiving less then the $40 registration fee. When you make paypal payment, there are 2 side by side boxes. The one on the left says "purchases" the one to the right says "personal". Click on personal & then make payment. No fees are deducted.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X