No announcement yet.

John "Bill" Weaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for you loss, David. Race in Peace, Bill.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Will post some photo's from dad's long career. Dad and his twin brother Tommy began playing with outboards following WWII in the Hopewell, VA area. They were spectators at many SO and Alky races in Virginia including marathons on the rivers which were very popular. Dad built his first utility in 1951 from plans found in Popular Mechanics. By 1952, the two began racing locally.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	JWW ASR 1953.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	448881
        David Weaver

Comment

David,
          I am very sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences to you and your family.
          Brian 10s

Comment

Dad racing his Konig FA 250 (single pipe) on his Bowson hydro at Camden, NC in 1979. He was chasing Malcolm Hardin in this heat and just missed the "upset" win over a great competitor. Dad ran that conventional hydro long after most had switched to pickle-forks. Click image for larger version

Name:	JWW Bowson.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	448888
            David Weaver

Comment

I remember those Camden days very well, David. Your dad was a great guy! Sorry for your loss and my sincere condolences to you & your mom.

Comment

Probably dad's favorite hydroplane, an Eason 350cc hydro powered by a Konig. This is another photograph from Camden in the 1980's.Click image for larger version

Name:	JWW 350.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	448954
                David Weaver

Comment

David, sorry to hear of your loss. Please send our thoughts to your mom. Have fond memories from all the boat races. Thinking of you at this time.

Comment

Dave- Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
                    Susan Eldredge Sailer

Comment

David,
                      My deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. I have a remembrance of him in my museum... the Konig 250 prop of his that you sold to me. Thank you for posting the pics of your Dad during his racing career. Now I have a great picture of him to display with the prop and pictures of his FA250 motor. May the memories of "William" live on forever...

Comment

Bill was always the gentleman, fun to be around. I'm happy to have known him.
                        I'll remember the good times.
                        Craig
                        broccoli

Comment

Working...
                        X