Hinton History Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinton History Night

One of the events we are planning for the 2016 Nationals will be "Hinton History Night" which will be held on Tuesday evening with Taste of the Regions. We are currently seeking old photos/videos/memorabilia from previous Hinton National Events (1969, 1976, 1987, 1993, 1995, 1997). If you have anything that can be sent in digital form, please send to hintonhistorynight2016@gmail.com. If you have any items that you can send by mail, please contact me. Thanks!

Also, 1977 Nationals for Alkies and maybe a marathon for OPC's....great idea Abby!
    David Weaver

Comment

• David Weaver
      David Weaver commented
      Editing a comment
      I have some 1987 photo's of racing. In 1976 and 1977, parents were too busy working to take many photo's. Will send anything that I can find.

• roperz111
      roperz111 commented
      Editing a comment
      David,
      I was wondering and hoping you might have some photos and/or any other memorabilia from the early members of CVRA as well? I'm really wanting to put on some kind of exhibit high-lighting some of the original members, like your Mom and Dad, my Dad, Norm Brewington, Reese Birmingham, George Harrell, Herb Davenport, Noel Paul, etc. I think my brother Marc has an old CVRA membership card but we're still trying to find it. Let me know if you have anything at all? Thanks so much!
      Chris Johnson

• David Weaver
      David Weaver commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris,

I found a handful of items in my possession. The treasure trove is in Williamsburg, much of it in the forms of slide photo's loaded into slide treys. I can probably get these delivered to you, but someone will need to go through them. Would also need a working slide projector and screen!! I have long forgotten how to convert the slides into standard photo's.

Let me know where I can send the photo's and few articles that I found (including a magazine article on racing at Hinton).

DW

I sent 3 pictures from the 1976 Hinton SO Nationals.

Really Cool Idea............. Thanks John, Chris and Abby.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
    X