New Patrol Boat for Southshore Outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patrol Boat for Southshore Outboard

Delivering The New southshore outboard patrol boat tomorrow. It needs some repair in the front but it will be a great boat for the club. The fourstroke is going to sip fuel compared to the 2 strokes.

Perfect combo for the job at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by pstock800 View Post
      Delivering The New southshore outboard patrol boat tomorrow. It needs some repair in the front but it will be a great boat for the club. The fourstroke is going to sip fuel compared to the 2 strokes.
      Great job.Looks good. I feel safer already.

Comment

What happened to the skeg???

Comment

put me down for the 3rd set,great job

Comment

the skeg is minor. It is at Alans for repair. then I will finsh rigging it.

Comment

Mark this looks awesome. Thank you for thinking about the SSOA club and putting this together. Hopefully we can fix the front end damage and incorporate a front loading ramp similar to Region 5's rescue? Another SSOA member thinking about the club and not just his own racing equipment. A big ATTA BOY, Mark.

Comment

Nice job Mark. Looking forward to getting this repaired and on the water for next season. Hopefully you and Alan can present a progress report at the January 17, 2015 SSOA Meeting.

Comment

Great job Mark, that will be a good addition to the SSOA patrol, nice and quiet 4 stroke you should be able to hear the radio a little better. Nice Job

Comment

If someone could pm me some pictures of the damage I can see if I can take care of it my glass shop. We can fix anything and if it not to bad we can use it as a filler between jobs. I am in South Portland so I am not to far away.
                    I am the Director of Service for Port Harbor Marine. Thanks, Jim Petersen

Last edited by jp183w; 12-01-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

the boat is at Alan Akerstroms house. He has already repaired the skeg. He has also started the repair on the front of the boat.
                      After the hull repairs are complete I will be rigging the Honda.

we will post progress Photos

Comment

• jp183w
                        jp183w commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok. Let me know if you need any Whaler items, I will see if we have them or if I can get them for you. If someone as access to a moisture meter it is a good idea to check the hull. If water gets into the foam the use it creates issues and adds a lot of weight. If there is water in the foam you can drill some small holes in the hull at the lowest points and let it weep over the winter. Just patch the holes in the spring before launch. We set up a vacuum draw on the holes to help pull the moisture out.

Should make a great rescue boat for you. Thanks Jim

• Fastjack
                        Fastjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mark , Did he use a cast replacement skeg for the repair ? As you know plate is prone to breaking just beside the weld .

shawn Alan got a skeg from Alex.

This boat has been sitting in our storage building for the last year. after it crashed we pulled it and put it away. the hull is dry. I also work at a whaler dealer so parts are not a problem. The boat has been stripped of railings and other hardware that isn't needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X